Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone work at GM or have access to a parts catalog, whats the part number on this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work at GM or have access to a parts catalog, whats the part number on this...

Ok so im working on my 06 gto, and i could not figure for the life of me why the climate control would not change zones from defrost. Well, when i installed my fast 102 i found out....

Ive tried to use just a piece of hose, but the way the firewall is and all the hoses/lines behind the intake, i cant manage to make anythig work without kinking unless i have another one of these elbows.

Ive gone to the gm dealer a few times to see if i could find this, but the parts man is a mongoloid and can not figure out how to use his software i guess?

Is there anyone on here who works at a gm dealer who could provide me with the part number on this elbow? Its a 2006 pontiac gto m6. Im stuck with just defrost till i get another one of these elbows since the vac source is what changes the climate control zone. I assumed from the get go i had a bad zone selector resistor, but this beats that kinda fix.

Thanks a TON in advance for any assistance. Ive tried the local parts stores for just some vacum elbows but they do not stock anything useable IMO comparable to the factory setup.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

If you are unabe to find that specific part, you may be able to find a pre-molded 45*90* vacuum tube in the same size at a local parts store.
It wouldnt be the exact part #, but it might ok none the less.
Just an idea...
--Glenn
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the suggestion glen. I tried that and did not manage to find the correct size at the 3 stores i tried. I figured perhaps id see if someone could steer me towards a part number before i search around spending time on it ya know, shrugs.

Really appreciate the suggestion and time you took to respond though, even if thats something ive tried or not.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Hey, no sweat.
I have an 05 M6 GTO that i had some issues with when i put on a Fast90
another idea might be to contact GM Parts House or SDPC ( i think they are both vendors here)
they specialize in just GM parts, so they might be a little more diligent than the local GM guy at fiding you either what you need or something that might work.
Good luck-
-Glenn
Old 05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

i wish all internet forums were as helpful as this one is. Im sure if i posted this question on ls1gto, i would have like 99 boomhauers doggin on me.

Imma pm one of those guys with this url, perhaps they can assist. Thanks again Glenn.. Way to set a perfect example of how a user should be..