Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smell

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default smell

My car has a coolant smell when driving and its just a strong smell that goes away with in 10-15 seconds. The radiator cap ,waterpump and the heater core are all new?I m swapping out parts and it's not helping.J F Pontiac installed cartek stage 2 heads and cam with a ported ls6 intake .My car is a 98 how do they run the coolant cross over pipes at the back of the motor when they install an ls6 intake ? Also my coolant level is not dropping and if i run the car let the car idol with the radiator cap for 10 minutes i see steam vapor coming out.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterock98
My car has a coolant smell when driving and its just a strong smell that goes away with in 10-15 seconds. The radiator cap ,waterpump and the heater core are all new?I m swapping out parts and it's not helping.J F Pontiac installed cartek stage 2 heads and cam with a ported ls6 intake .My car is a 98 how do they run the coolant cross over pipes at the back of the motor when they install an ls6 intake ? Also my coolant level is not dropping and if i run the car let the car idol with the radiator cap for 10 minutes i see steam vapor coming out.
You grind the bottom of the intake with a dremmel....
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has the ls6 coolant crossover tubes.Its problely making steam @ the top of the heads cause the back is plugged....
Attached Thumbnails smell-img00194.jpg   smell-img00195.jpg