Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Question.

I've been going through thread after thread about headers and it seems the consensus is to buy the pacesetter lt's.So i'm going to bite the bullet and buy the header and y-pipe combo.But my question is i went onto some of the sponser sections and i can't find them in 1 7/8" only 1 3/4".Don't they make them in the larger size or am i not looking in the right place?If they do what part # are the coated 1 7/8"? Thanks for your help guys!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure if pacesetter makes a 1 7/8 I know TSP and Kooks make them.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=899&catid=45
Old 06-27-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They only make them in 1 3/4.U dont need 1 7/8 unless u are going to make alot of HP.Speed Inc. has the best price on Pacesetters & Y-pipe but also get plugs,wires & 02 sensor extension's.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

This is where i'm alittle confused.In my searches everyone says to go to 1 7/8" headers but these are 1 3/4" and probably half the forum is running them and making a ton of power with them.Is an 1/8" of an inch really going to make that much of a difference?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on what you have done to the car. However, in most street/strip applications w/ mild heads/cam packages on the motors, there isn't much of a difference. If you aren't chasing every last HP, then don't worry about the bigger primaries. We have the Pacesetters on the shelf. Let us know if you need a set and we'll get you fixed up!

Jon
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy any coated headers. I made this same mistake 3 years ago to save a little more over the Stainless Steel ones. My primaries are all rusted to **** and need to be replaced. Buy the Pacesetters if you like. They make good power but you will regret it in the future because of them rusting. My car very rarely sees the rain. Get the stainless ones now and never have that worry again. I would go with the American racing headers or the Kooks stainless headers. If you don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for them.. Grade A stuff.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by odarabla
If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy any coated headers. I made this same mistake 3 years ago to save a little more over the Stainless Steel ones. My primaries are all rusted to **** and need to be replaced. Buy the Pacesetters if you like. They make good power but you will regret it in the future because of them rusting. My car very rarely sees the rain. Get the stainless ones now and never have that worry again. I would go with the American racing headers or the Kooks stainless headers. If you don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for them.. Grade A stuff.
Agreed.

You get what you pay for in the end. I love my KOOKS 1 7/8"