Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure sensor relocation kits for ls1 camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure sensor relocation kits for ls1 camaro's?

Im finding them for c5 vettes, but there sensor looks a little different than the awesome plastic one I broke doing a ls6 swap. Before i put the manifold back in Id rather relocate the thing since i have read they tend to go anyways.
Is there one for camaro's?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Teching In

nothing?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by duesmandella
nothing?

refer to post #13

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ation-kit.html
Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99huggerorangeZ
Thats what i thought too but refer to post number 34
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there was another guy here that ran a high pressure oil line to a remote location and added the sensor. sorry but i do not remember who it was, but you just need to find the fitting size run the line down the intake a little and install the sensor.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jam01
there was another guy here that ran a high pressure oil line to a remote location and added the sensor. sorry but i do not remember who it was, but you just need to find the fitting size run the line down the intake a little and install the sensor.
I was hoping to find the size, i think what i'll do is take the sensor to the local parts store and see what the thread size is, see if i can get a nipple that can screw into where the sensor goes, then run a line like you just said.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Hopefully this works, what do you guys think? The sensor will be screwed into another fitting that i'll run a line connecting the two.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried to set the intake on the car with that on there? Would it work with a FAST 90 intake?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Have you tried to set the intake on the car with that on there? Would it work with a FAST 90 intake?
I was going to try it today but alas its raining and i had the car out of the garage to enjoy the sun while it lasted. I dont see why it wouldnt fit with the intake on since the stock opsu is there but taller and thicker.
No idea on the fast intake as i'll be using a ls6 intake
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmmm Let us know what you find.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Teching In

ok so if the tach is pegged all the way to the right(the oil pressure tach) I take it that means the sensor i got is bad?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Got it figured out, i'll take some pics of how i did this. The sensor actually wasnt bad but without it being bolted into the valley cover, the sensor wasnt grounded. So I made a quick ground wire from a bolt by the abs block, grounded it to the sensor(wrapped it around the sensor and electrical taped it for now, was a quick fix because i was about to race the car), and bam sensor worked perfect. So now I can change the oil pressure sensor in literally 3 minutes without any 10 dollar socket or cutting my arms up lol
Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Teching In

The only thing i would do different than the picture I have above, is instead of making it a angle, i would have made the piece go straight up so you dont have to guess on how many turns to have the angle facin the right way and still have it tight in the block.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran in to the same problem as the OP when installing a relocater I purchased. My gauge and OPS are mounted on one of the driver's side coil packs. I searched and found this post and thought I would show how I corrected it. I used the post on top of the drivers side head's steam vent tube to strap to the coil bracket mounting bolt. This dropped the resistance from 14.4 (which is what I was getting between the head and valve cover and the head and the OPS) to .06. Now the oil pressure on the dash reads 60 (vise maxed out when not grounded) like it did when the OPS was mounted on the engine block. Comparing the mechanical gauge reading of 39 means the OPS is reading about 21 units higher and is probably on its way to failing.
Attached Thumbnails oil pressure sensor relocation kits for ls1 camaro's?-ground-ops.jpg   oil pressure sensor relocation kits for ls1 camaro's?-ops-relocator-installed.jpg  

Quick Reply: oil pressure sensor relocation kits for ls1 camaro's?