Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil leak being caused by pvc

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak being caused by pvc

hey everyone i need help! lol I installed a ls6 intake on my 99 trans am about 7 months ago or so. The night i installed it i broke the pvc tubing on the pasenger side of the intake. the next morning i drove my car and got it tuned like this. The tuner, who is very reputable with ls cars, capped off the port on the side of the tb and i capped off the end of the pvc where i broke it. He then proceded to tune it. it ran fine for 6 months, then i decided to hook it back up with some 3/8 fuel hose. As soon as i did this it thru a high idle code and the rpms would hang way high when engaging the clutch. I got sick of this the past few weeks and just unhooked it from the tb and let the hose hang there. i have now recently noticed a decent sized oil leak when my car is parked even for a short period of time. So a couple questions. Is it really bad to have this unhooked? Could the oil be leaking from this hose? and is it idling funny when hooked up because it was tuned without it? thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PCV needs the valve to check flow or it'll be a huge air
leak. Little rubber boot piece wears / cracks too, check
it. If you do not have PCV, pulling then crankcase is
always over ambient pressure and any seal will weep
if it wants.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ This man speaks the truth!!! I had the EXACT same issue. Put a LS6 intake on, longtubes, and an ory and I couldn't figure out why I had a high idle. My PCV was also destroyed.

Get a pcv valve, it cost me $4.82.

Quick Reply: oil leak being caused by pvc