Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd smell without cats and which Y to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd smell without cats and which Y to buy

im looking to get kooks LTs and didnt know if it was better to buy the kooks y or get my own made with the flowmaster merge also i was thinking about not getting cats but i know i hate when im driving down the road behind an old truck and that fume smell makes you light headed because he has no cats and i dont want to be that guy with the smelly car. so i guess my question is should i get a catted Y or not and if i do/dont should i go with a custome with the flowmaster merge or just get the kooks?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

No cats here and I love it. and no one can really smell it unless they're standing behind my car and the wind blows it in their direction.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

I'm running kooks lt with no cats. dont worry about the smell!!!! its about the perf.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesnt smell that bad btw just a light smell if your too close! i can barly smell mine when standing behind it. as for the Y i went with custom and worked out great for me. if i had to do it again id go with custom. flowmaster merge is excellent. gd luck.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

You get used too it...But yeah, you can smell it for sure, esp. with true duals & dumps before the rear axel..lol
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Teching In

i was more worried about drivin down the road and having someone following me and it smelling bad. maybe im just a lil to worried about it and if i get a custom Y i can always get cats added if i dont like it. how much do you think a custom Y would run me?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 AM
12 Second Club

I'm running x-pipe dual dumps. I notice people either like or dont... some roll up the windows and some roll thier windows down. smell.........naw! I think its the sound.. LOL!!!!!!