Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hot Header Question

Im lookin at a set of Jet hot Race headers 1 3/4 primary and the off road race y-pipe, and was wondering how is fitment anyone got feedback??
Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would read this carefully before you buy ANY Jet Hot product......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...y-jet-hot.html

Last edited by PheonixLS1; 02-24-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Launching!

get stainless headers, unless you want to replace them in a few years, if you dont plan on keeping the car then pacesetters will be fine.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

Stainless are the way to go. But, if you only drive the car is sunny weather you can get away with some cheapos especially if its a second car.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
I would read this carefully before you buy ANY Jet Jot product......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...y-jet-hot.html
Agreed.

JET HOTs are kind of a middle of the road header. They are priced significantly less than a Stainless Steel LT, but cost more than a "Budget Header". They fit very well and look really nice when you get them and when they're first installed. But (depending on where you live and how you drive your car) after only a short time this wonderful coating WILL develop surface rust, leaving them looking kinda drab. Eventually they will rust through and when they do, I wouldn't look to JET HOT for a shred of Customer Support.

You need to decide what kind of money you want to invest in this project. You can get a nice set of Ceramic Coated Pacesetters and a Texas Speed ORY for under $500 or a set of Stainless Kooks LTs and one of their Ys and spend significantly more on some headers that will out last your car.

I chose Jet Hots and could have netted the same performance increase with some Pacesetters and saved some cash. But if I could do it over again, I would have spent my money on a set of Stainless American Racing Headers and one of their Catted Ys. Live and learn, I guess.

All I'm saying is don't choose the middle of the road. In the long run, JET HOT Headers are simply overpriced Pacesetters. And you don't get anything for the difference in price.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Teching In

The car is a 99 and has 27k on it so it doesnt get driven in nothing but the best weather, American racing headers hmmm never heard of them...
Old 02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

American Racing Headers (ARH) and Kooks are the top of the line brands for Stainless Steel Headers on the market. Both get wonderful praise on this site and others.

I'd be happy with either, but the main reason I will eventually upgrade to ARH is due to the Merge on their Y-pipe. Unless, of course, I decide to go with a Kooks 3" True Duals Setup. Then I'll purchase a set of their LTs to match. Ah... decisions... decisions...

Check out the following thread for some pics of the ARH setup...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...installed.html