Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0410 New lid ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0410 New lid ???

bought a mti lid, "because" I had a slp lid and my ses was comming on and it was the o2's and the maf.. the reason I bought a new lid was well one im about to put headers on the car and going to be deleting the air system and the weatherstripping under the slp lid rotted away and I thought that the seal was the culprit making the light come on... I duct taped the lid on and the light went away soo i was like a new lid should take care of it..

however.. now that i have the new lid on the ses wont go off like it used to,, it used to come on stay on for like a day then go off then come back on like a month later.. real irritating..

now i dont have the pipe going to air box due to the mti lid and i just used a cheapo breather from auto zone and attached it to the hose going to the air system..

I have noticed that when I press on my maf sensor connector that the car sputters a bit.. I guess my main question is what do you think is the problem now.. the maf istelf or the connector.. im about to go look for this air pump fuse to see if its blow although it comes on when i start the car so i dont think so..
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

anyone??
Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Dude if your about to delete it soon, why are you going through the trouble to diagnose it? Just saying.

Unfortunately there is many different things that could cause that code.

You say the pump works. Ok so you know there is not an electrical problem to the pump.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the light just come on randomly or is there something you can do to make it come on? Mine would do it under continuous WOT but I found it was the fuel filter.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

used to come on and off with the slp lid but the weather stipping around the lid itself rotted so i used duct tape to seal it back up and the light would come on and off on and off..

had the codes read then also same codes o2's and maf..

now with the new lid the light just stays on..

when i get headers ill be getting a tune as well and as far as i know no tunner will touch the car with a ses light on..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lswon80
used to come on and off with the slp lid but the weather stipping around the lid itself rotted so i used duct tape to seal it back up and the light would come on and off on and off..

had the codes read then also same codes o2's and maf..

now with the new lid the light just stays on..

when i get headers ill be getting a tune as well and as far as i know no tunner will touch the car with a ses light on..

check the prongs in the maf connector, see if one of them is bent over or twisted at all. the lid shouldnt make a difference.. you can run that car all day long with no filter and it doesnt give a ****, as long as whatever air comming in goes through the MAF, check the connection and make sure the sealing ring is there.. if thats good, you might want to buy an O2 simulator and that will help you find the bad sensor... I bet its in the MAF connection though... or the little resistor looking thingys inside the maf.. spray it with B12 or equivalent solvent

Quick Reply: p0410 New lid ???