Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my BBK long tubes and y pype, very happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed my BBK long tubes and y pype, very happy!!

What's up guys, i just installed my bbk ceramic long tubes on my 01 camaro ss and, i'm not going to lie it took up most of the day, but not because of the longtubes, taking the old stuff off was kind of a pain. But once getting everything undone it was great. The headers slid right in, no real problems at all, very easy, especially with this being my very first time putting long tubes on. I'm amazed at the difference of the quality of the y pype from stock to aftermaket, what's up with that flat crap lol . ANyway I would definetly recommend bbks to anyone. I diden't even get a check engine light at all. All my o2's plugged right up with the two o2 extensions. BBk's with magnaflow catback is the best, great sound but not super lound until u get on it and virtually not rasp.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, BBK really offers a quality set of LT headers & ORY-pipe for a great price, I know I'm happy with mine.

Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1allday
What's up guys, i just installed my bbk ceramic long tubes on my 01 camaro ss and, i'm not going to lie it took up most of the day, but not because of the longtubes, taking the old stuff off was kind of a pain. But once getting everything undone it was great. The headers slid right in, no real problems at all, very easy, especially with this being my very first time putting long tubes on. I'm amazed at the difference of the quality of the y pype from stock to aftermaket, what's up with that flat crap lol . ANyway I would definetly recommend bbks to anyone. I diden't even get a check engine light at all. All my o2's plugged right up with the two o2 extensions. BBk's with magnaflow catback is the best, great sound but not super lound until u get on it and virtually not rasp.
Cool, can you post some video w/sound?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Ya ill try, i noticed that im going to have to adjust the exaust im getting some tapping from up under the floor board its on the drivers side but overall it's great
Old 04-17-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 How much more sound/loudness did you acheive?
2 Could you tell right away that you installed lts? or was it not even that noticable?
3 Can you feel the power difference right away?
4 Where did you notice the gains the most?...Through throttle response, down low at all?
Fill me in cause I really want these headers...
Old 04-17-2011, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

No drone what so ever either i only had it on a day and im loving it
Old 04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Ill definetly keep u guys updated on the performance i really haven't had a chance to got wot too much since its only been a day but ive definetly noticed a difference in all aspects from the few times ive gotten on it and dont forget my car is not tuned for them so im sure frost will take advantage of that when he tunes it
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you put in any poly motor mounts? That should get rid of the floor board tapping...
Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by justin hover
1 How much more sound/loudness did you acheive?
2 Could you tell right away that you installed lts? or was it not even that noticable?
3 Can you feel the power difference right away?
4 Where did you notice the gains the most?...Through throttle response, down low at all?
Fill me in cause I really want these headers...

I just installed mine last Sunday. They sound real nice when cruising then when you hit about 3000rpm the whole block noticed I installed BBK LTs!! Fitment was better than stock headers. I only drove on mine for a couple of days before I pulled my PCM for Frost and did some free mods while it was gone. Got it back this Tuesday and DA*N! It's a whole new car man!! Plus I'll throw it out there that BBK had great customer service! I vote spend the money and get them...

O and I forgot to add...I pulled into my parents driveway and revved it for my brother. Hit about 4500-5000 and made my 3 yr old cry and the neighbor lady take her kids in the house.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Launching!

I installed a set of these on a friends car...and I was impressed with these headers as well. His car was a 2000 TA 'Vert. I'm with you...getting the stock stuff off is always a pain...but the new headers do fit VERY nicely! The Y tucks up VERY tight and offers tons of ground clearance. The Y merge is as nice as you can get unless getting a flowmaster scavenger y collector. The only problems I had were 1. the y merge didn't reach the I pipe. No biggie as I had some 3" tube laying around and I welded in the extension. And 2. the tunnel brace on a Vert is much different than ours...and it wouldn't fit. We ended up putting a stock tunnel brace of our on there and it cleared no problem.

So just to note...if putting these on a convertible, 1. you'll need to extend the I pipe (you may even be able to get away with a v-band clamp)
2. you'll need a new tunnel brace that doesn't bolt to your tranny

He had a LM1 catback and it sounded real strong...louder than he was expecting. It's a good cheap setup.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Teching In

have a video clip of the exhaust??? very interested
Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha ive got BBK's on my TA anad they are definilty TOP QUALITY!!! i revved it for my grandpa one day and he got scared haha, but listen to it when someone else drives it itll sound like a beast!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by buzb026
have a video clip of the exhaust??? very interested
If it doesn't rain here this weekend my buddy is goin to film me doing some drive bys and revving it at a standstill, I'll upload them if we do...

I also love cruising at 3k going up to an under pass n just going WOT under it.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by anthony.fatica
If it doesn't rain here this weekend my buddy is goin to film me doing some drive bys and revving it at a standstill, I'll upload them if we do...

I also love cruising at 3k going up to an under pass n just going WOT under it.
How much more louder are the bbks over stock manifolds? noticeable...or not that much of a difference?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by justin hover
How much more louder are the bbks over stock manifolds? noticeable...or not that much of a difference?
Did you read post #9 man? I dono how else to say that they are loud and sound great...
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by anthony.fatica
Did you read post #9 man? I dono how else to say that they are loud and sound great...
This is true. There is no more noticeable transformation than going from stock manifolds/Y-pipe to LT headers and ORY. It's difficult to articulate, even checking out vids/soundclips, but be assured that you will notice a major difference in the car after this modification, both in the sound and the response to throttle inputs.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

After headers a car gets noticeably louder both exhaust and engine noise, its like the thinner primaries allow you to hear the engine.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

i had a vibration under the car from the y pype but it was that one of the bolts wasent tightened all the way now is all quiet, i also installed my UMI strut tower braces, car really seems to be stiffer and more sound. But ya the exaust sounds great, no drone what so ever at highway cruising speed, and it a deep throaty sound and no rasp. I've noticed better throttle response and and higher rpm pull. And this is all untuned, i'll be having my car tuned by frost on wed, so stay tuned for results on that, can't wait i've been hearing nothing but great things. Also when you gut on it it let's everybody know lol. Great header and again it actually frees up the engine space believe it or not. I definetly recommend this header not just for how great they fit, sound and look but the price 499 for coated y pype and headers, and u get great quality, you can't beat that. I'll keep you guys updated for results especially after the frost tune. Anybody got any dyno numbers with these bbk headers
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Soul TKR helped me out with my decision on getting them
Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

How much power are you giving up going with a 2 1/2" y-pipe instead of a 3"?

Quick Reply: Installed my BBK long tubes and y pype, very happy!!