Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks headers w/ TSP Y

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kooks headers w/ TSP Y

Got a little question guys, wondering if Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" long tubes will fit my 3" Texas Speed ORY. Car is a 2000 camaro ss, the y pipe is designed for pacesetters and hookers. Need to know how much modifying would need to be done to make this work if at all possible, thanks guys.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might want to take a look at this poll https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...come-vote.html The TSP y-pipe is the only TSP product I would recommend not buying. Hell you want to use it on a set of headers it wasn't "designed" for, and it doesn't even fit over 50% of the headers it was "designed" for. Do yourself a huge favor and buy the kooks y-pipe, you already spent the money on top of the line headers you might as well get the top of the line y-pipe that fits them. If you don't want to buy the kooks y-pipe then get your self a flowmaster merge and have an exhaust shop fab you up a custom y-pipe.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Teching In

that's kind of what i was thinking. my problem is i already have the y pipe, bought it new from a guy a while back for 1/3 of what it is new, was planning on getting pacesetter but right now i can get a hell of a deal for kooks so was just wondering. thanks for the help.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you can afford it, go for the kooks long tubes. qtp's will also fit the kooks y-pipe
Old 05-06-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is it that Kooks' Y is "top of the line", with that crappy "merge"?!

I have now ruled-out their Y-pipe, as I expect a better merge from "top of the line".

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Do yourself a huge favor and buy the kooks y-pipe, you already spent the money on top of the line headers you might as well get the top of the line y-pipe that fits them. If you don't want to buy the kooks y-pipe then get your self a flowmaster merge and have an exhaust shop fab you up a custom y-pipe.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

problem solved guys, ditching the tsp y pipe and lm1, new setup will be kooks lt's and either lpp stainless true duals, or I'll fab some true duals up myself. just gonna run it dumped for now. thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Kooks headers w/ TSP Y