Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regarding SLP Loudmouth and my Province's Law

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding SLP Loudmouth and my Province's Law

Well I had originally planned to run a quiet exhaust like Magnaflow and run an E-cutout when I wanted to be loud, but then I was informed by a friend of mine that anything that bypasses the muffler is illegal. So I guess I'll just have to be loud all the time I have now decided on the SLP Loudmouth system, however, I've been reading through the vehicle standards laws in my Province of Manitoba (I live in Canada) and this one stuck out.

"Mufflers required
45(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a noise muffler in good working order which shall be in constant operation while the engine is running to prevent excessive or unusual noise; and no person shall equip a motor vehicle with, or use a motor vehicle equipped with, a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass, or any device which has the effect of by-passing or reducing the effectiveness of a noise muffler."

Do you guys think the Louthmouth system would still be considered legal under this (stupid) law? Because I'm aware that the Loudmouth system does not have mufflers, it has resonators, but i'm not to sure of the difference. In the case of this law would the resonators maybe act as the "muffler"? Vehicles in Manitoba have to pass a visual safety inspection, but that's it, no emissions stuff.

If the SLP system isn't legal would somebody be able to educate me in my other options for exhaust systems?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it will pass a safety, i'm pretty sure of that. But VIU might be an issue.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Yeah i'm not to concerned about the safety, my best friend's dad owns a shop and he'll pass me no matter what I have pretty well, i'm just wondering if the VIU puts my car up some jackstands whether or not I'd be in trouble.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

contact slp and ask them if their system is legal where you live.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteknucklepunch
Yeah i'm not to concerned about the safety, my best friend's dad owns a shop and he'll pass me no matter what I have pretty well, i'm just wondering if the VIU puts my car up some jackstands whether or not I'd be in trouble.
With everything ive read in reguards to the viu and how they operate, it will depend on the mood of the inspector.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Under that law it would not be legal. And so would an show room stock z06 and a standard vette with a dual mode exhaust.

Quick Reply: Regarding SLP Loudmouth and my Province's Law