Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zirgo fan to stock ls1 connector help

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zirgo fan to stock ls1 connector help

Hello, I obviuosly have no wiring experience. I bought a 16" zirgo radiator fan for my ls1, but the plugs they came with do not mate up with the factory connector. I have searched and many people say they use "spade" connectors. How the heck are those supposed to work? Also, anybody know of a company that makes adapters to make it plug and play? Thanks! I would rather nt have to cut any wiring to make this work.

Link to type of connector i have. It looks pretty similar to that. Wires are blue and black though: http://www.zirgo.com/catalog/Cooling...Plus-Connector
Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I like a good challenge and spent a few minutes researching this.

The car's harness plugs are PT189 which have female contacts. I can't find a plug that mates with it that has the same keying and male pins.

HOWEVER, this very same plug is used to make those sealed fuse holders everybody sells. They even come with the high amp fuel pump kits. An ATC/ATO fuse with male .25 (1/4 inch) spade terminals pops right into the PT189 plug. The cap with the screw mount works with the gasket on the plug to seal the fuse inside.

You could drill a hole in the cap and pass the Zirgo plug's wires through it, crimp on some .25 spade terminals, plug them into the PT189 plug's female contacts than slide the cap over the plug.

It'll look just like the fuse holder setup but will have wires poking out the cap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sealed-fuse-holder-up-40-amps-/300597031968?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item45fcf ab420

Quick Reply: zirgo fan to stock ls1 connector help