Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find an exhaust thread or Ill just do my own.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help me find an exhaust thread or Ill just do my own.

I am about to do a LT install on my 99 TA. I was looking all over for ideas and I eventually found a thread containing a setup I want to try. Pretty much, it is LTs with 3" bullets or similiar, dumped right off the collector. I want to do this but cannot find the thread again. Any help? or we can start over with this one. I am about to install a set of what I believe to be Speed_Daddy headers (ebay). I got them for $100 so I figured I would give them a try. Im a broke *** student with a wife, three kids and a mortgage.... Cheap is good. I will also try to do a detailed write up on the install just so people know what is involved with installing these headers.

Here are the headers, they seem decent enough... Im happy with them for what I paid. Especially since they are brand new

Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

id go with a dumped Y. dumped of long tubes will be VERY loud and annoying..pretty much just noise, no tone at all.. simple search got me so many threads..here are some:

Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yep, that is gonna be loud. I'm sure you could probably clamp them straight onto the collector so I'm not sure how lengthy a write up would be
Old 10-12-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Really my writeup was gonna be installing the headers and showing the areas that need clearanceing. I was really just trying to do it as cheap as possible... I dont mind loud but it sounds like what Im thinking about will just be deafening... Ill probably just have an xpipe and spiral flows done. I can get that installed for $400...
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I would expect to possibly grind the k-member with those headers. I had a set of LPP stainless LTs that i had to grind some off the k member and they were aimed at the crossmember under the driver's feet