Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP underdrive Pulley (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ASP underdrive Pulley (PICS)

bought a used ASP underdrive pulley on Ebay, Got it in the mail today. it looks pretty good. my question is.... is there anyway to make sure this pulley is in proper/good working condition before i install it on the crank? is there anything to look for that would be a tel tail sign of failure?... its an ASP under drive pulley part number 941020 Date Of Manufacturing is 4-17-2007. From what i gather there are a few different generations of ASP underdrive pulleys, Ive seen some with welds on them and a viable rubber ring. the one i have doesn't have any viable welds or rubber rings. its steel outside and aluminum inside with what looks like to be a steel spring thingy between the two... here are some pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-15-2011, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

The rubber ring is behind that steel retainer piece. If it has no obvious signs of damage, then just make sure it runs true on the crank after you install it. You could do this by looking at it while the engine is running or you could measure it with a dial indicator with the engine stopped.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
The rubber ring is behind that steel retainer piece. If it has no obvious signs of damage, then just make sure it runs true on the crank after you install it. You could do this by looking at it while the engine is running or you could measure it with a dial indicator with the engine stopped.

always there to put my mind at ease, thanks

Quick Reply: ASP underdrive Pulley (PICS)