Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About PCV

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question About PCV

This may be a dumb question but, is a PCV valve a must have? Or can you simply plug the hose up to the intake without the valve? I'm just curious because it seems to me the pcv valve is just a straight through hole.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

No its not straight through, and yes you need it.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure you really should have it, but mine has been unhooked ventilating to the atmosphere for at least the past 6 months and 10k miles and everything seems fine to me. Idk maybe I should fix it? L
Old 10-27-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by trey1010
I am sure you really should have it, but mine has been unhooked ventilating to the atmosphere for at least the past 6 months and 10k miles and everything seems fine to me. Idk maybe I should fix it? L
GM put it on there for a reason so fix it. Do a search and you will find a cheap remedy.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

the house around the valve of my car broke yesterday, i used a hose to connect them but the idle is very terrible. i hate pcv!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
the house around the valve of my car broke yesterday, i used a hose to connect them but the idle is very terrible. i hate pcv!
Same here, I used the part of an ignition wire that connects to the coil pack to hold the PCV valve because I couldn't find the right connecter. Idle was bad for a bit but it finally relearned itself
Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

CHAD just do a search, I put up a list of parts to fix the PCV very cheap

OMAR.......you just don't listen what is your problem? You bounce from thread to thread asking the same question when all along you have been given the answer. It's just a freakin PCVwhat will you do when you have a real problem. When you ask a question and multiple people give you the answer....just do it.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1121
CHAD just do a search, I put up a list of parts to fix the PCV very cheap

OMAR.......you just don't listen what is your problem? You bounce from thread to thread asking the same question when all along you have been given the answer. It's just a freakin PCVwhat will you do when you have a real problem. When you ask a question and multiple people give you the answer....just do it.
do what? i replaced the broken part of the pcv hose but the idle is still bad. am 100% sure it is not a gasket leak! and no codes for misfire or anything just the deleted egr and air which shouldnt cause a bad idle..only thing left is to delete the whole pcv and see what happens.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
do what? i replaced the broken part of the pcv hose but the idle is still bad. am 100% sure it is not a gasket leak! and no codes for misfire or anything just the deleted egr and air which shouldnt cause a bad idle..only thing left is to delete the whole pcv and see what happens.
OK here is the link for you to fix your PCV.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...placement.html

When you get this done FORGET ABOUT YOUR PCV, get off the pcv kick it is not your problem! You developed this problem after you changed your intake manifold correct? If you answer is YES then it is something YOU did.

If you deleted your EGR then you need to have someone go into the computer and turn it off. I do not think that would cause a rough idle but I'm not sure.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

LOOL dude i know that I DID whatever is wrong with it but i cant seem to find it..anyway awesome thread and write up i guess ill hunt for parts now which am sure will take me a month to find these rubber elbows you cant imagine how home depot/auto stores are around here..can i use my stock pcv valve?