Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1high flow cat,+lm2/lt's/ory/cam.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1high flow cat,+lm2/lt's/ory/cam.

i am thinking about adding one thunderbolt high flow cat in my car.

i am goin from the popular lt/ory/lm1/cam set up, and allready have a new lm2 muffler, i know that wont do, and the plan was to put cats on the Y pipe, but the fact is that i just cant drive the car over here with those, they will scrape everything,

so i was thinking about moving the lmII muffler a little bit back, and put the catalyst in that straigt section of the exhaust, right. that will keepl the clearence allrigth, and the inspection dudes to,

but my question is, will the thunderbolt quiet it down?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will quiet it down yes. If I were you I would just keep the lm1 and install two high flow cats. I love how mine sounds vs the off road pipes. Its waaay quieter and no where near as loud. Just gotta be careful on those speed bumps
Old 01-14-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder how much work the cat can do that far back in the exhaust.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't you add 2? You will lose 1/2" of clearance if you get some metallic ones
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 thunderbolt high flow is just 59$, and i know it wont work proberly this far back,

i was goin to put two high flows on the Y, but half an inch realy counts there, it is seriusly close to the ground allready.

the catalyst is mostly because of the inspection, every car 1996+ must have them, and though it wont do much so far back, it is still there, and that counts.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Thule
1 thunderbolt high flow is just 59$, and i know it wont work proberly this far back,

i was goin to put two high flows on the Y, but half an inch realy counts there, it is seriusly close to the ground allready.

the catalyst is mostly because of the inspection, every car 1996+ must have them, and though it wont do much so far back, it is still there, and that counts.
idk about how your state does it there inspection but im a certified inspection tech here in PA and if the cats are not in there original location WITH o2 sensors after them (because they do stock) it wont pass. plus like you said the cat would be WAY to far back to do any type of work to the exhaust. do you already have the rear o2 sensors tuned out?