Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1416 AIR Passenger valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default P1416 AIR Passenger valve

Got the code today and thankfully this site steered me in the right direction. Now I tried to remove the valve from the tube running to the manifold and I think King Kong put that thing on there. I went another direction though..... Sprayed some MAF cleaner in the valve on the pump side (hose easily comes off) and cranked the car. I let it idle for a good while and reset the light.

Only question I have is this... How in the HE## do you remove that valve???

Would like to clean it from the other direction......

I am thinking about deleting the AIR and getting it tuned for this in the near future. Really do not want to do this yet, but if the light comes back I am going to say C-Ya

Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just did this over the weekend. I sprayed the threads with some WD-40 and let it sit for maybe 20 minutes. I still had to really put some effort into it, but it finally came off. I put some anti-sieze on the threads when I put the new one on. I plan on keeping AIR for the time being, otherwise I would have just yanked all the junk out. Light is out so far, but I haven't had the chance to put many miles on the car since it's still winter.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I just did this over the weekend. I sprayed the threads with some WD-40 and let it sit for maybe 20 minutes. I still had to really put some effort into it, but it finally came off. I put some anti-sieze on the threads when I put the new one on. I plan on keeping AIR for the time being, otherwise I would have just yanked all the junk out. Light is out so far, but I haven't had the chance to put many miles on the car since it's still winter.
Kroil time it is!!!! Thanks