Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't buy dynomax ory

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Don't buy dynomax ory

SO I had ordered 2 sets from Jegs... Dynomax ORY for LS1 f-cars, first time they gave me an excuse that it was damaged during shipping... Really metal tubing getting bent dramatically to the point that the pipe sits against the floor board... So I ordered the 2nd set, same problem... driverside pipe sits against the floorboard and bangs on bumps. Terrible...
Here's a pic of what both boxes looked like when I opened them, ended up going with the MAC ORY fits much better, hangs a wee bit low... but doesn't smack the floorboard...
Thank God I ordered them from Jegs and they returned both sets...

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...wimg&id=363359
Old 07-22-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, that just shows a total disrespect for the customer when stuff you pay for gets basically thrown in a box like trash. So did Jegs or Dynomax box the exhaust parts like that...?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That ORY looks really shitty, thanks for sharing OP!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
IMO, that just shows a total disrespect for the customer when stuff you pay for gets basically thrown in a box like trash. So did Jegs or Dynomax box the exhaust parts like that...?
Ordered from JEGS, but since on back order (both sets were) shipped directly from dynomax... JEGS was AWESOME!!! They returned both used sets and emailed shipping labels so nothing but my time and labor of installing those 2 screwed up kits, well other than gas driving to fedex to drop off both packages, which... they didn't want to take b/c there was too much 'dead' space in the boxes lol... I had to work my mojo and tell them that's how the were shipped out and how they allowed that and I'm not buying their packing foam b/c that's what they were trying to do... fedex are now scam artist lol
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sukebe
Thanks for the heads up.
yeah man... no worries... I hate being screwed and getting bs answers...
Look at the pic.. look at all those scared marks in the box... then to be told that if doesn't fit pipes get damaged in freight... its metal... dumba$$es... the pipes weren't pinch or crinkled... the flanges were welded on a wrong angle...
I'm not even gonna get into lunati... pos solid cam!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im gonna add to this for anyone doing their research.
I ordered the same product off of Summit, they shipped to Toronto. The package was the same. Unnecessarily huge, pipes loose in the box. Pipe ends did get bent outta shape (no big tho). I also had one nasty kink where the pipe bends are back to back. Also, if you look into the outlet of the y-pipe, its a terrible y-connection, looks restrictive inside. The main problem I had was that I read the pipes to be 3". The piping up to the Y is actually 2.5" OD, the outlet is almost 2-3/4". Overall I will say, for $300 including tax and duties to Canada, I can't complain. Cheap price, cheap product. They will be good for me to weld in 2 high flow cats to replace my awkward and failing stock catalytic converters on my stock car.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this ORY on my car and it is a piece of garbage. I just did it until i get headers because i had a clogged cat. I had to cut it to make it fit, and it still isn't right. The drivers side pipe coming from the manifold does not line up with the y merge. it only goes in the pipe about an inch, so it leaks because the cuts for the joint are 3 inches long. I put the stupid exhaust leak cement on it and that actually worked...

And yes, it does hit the floor. I would definitely NOT buy this again.

Every other thing I've gotten from Dynomax is of the best quality though
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

No personal experience with the Dynomax Y but I have friends that have had enough problems with them to change them out completely. I found it weird cause I bought a Dynomax catback for my old truck and the quality was top notch.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow ppl still bitching about dynomax y pipe... yet they haven't changed. one thing they told me so they never had a fitment problem and to make sure it wasn't my car...
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my Dynomax ORY and the downpipe on the left side hits the floor (not much at all, but does ) and right side is also tucked up too far to get the Y on without hitting the torque arm. For what you pay its not bad quality (although mine was also shipped like the OPs, no protective wrapping or nothin). Im gonna just warm the pipes up and bend them down 3/4" or so and it should fit very well.

I rarely have aftermarket stuff (specially exhaust) fit without some sort of minor modifications. Oh well, I guess thats what we do.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
I just got my Dynomax ORY and the downpipe on the left side hits the floor (not much at all, but does ) and right side is also tucked up too far to get the Y on without hitting the torque arm. For what you pay its not bad quality (although mine was also shipped like the OPs, no protective wrapping or nothin). Im gonna just warm the pipes up and bend them down 3/4" or so and it should fit very well.

I rarely have aftermarket stuff (specially exhaust) fit without some sort of minor modifications. Oh well, I guess thats what we do.
if you weld... i'd redo the flanges altogether. that's the part mainly fucked up. driver side was up against my floorboard. even with header wrap **** still banged!

Quick Reply: Don't buy dynomax ory