Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at about 3k rpms...highway

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vibration at about 3k rpms...highway

I recently swapped out Exhaust systems and installed a Hooker catback and I think the pipe that goes over the axle is probably hitting against something because I get a weird vibration at about 3k or so while I'm on the highway and accelerate a little..that's the onlt time I get it .....it's like a something rubbing against something...I can't hear the vibration I can only feel it...whenever I speed up to that certain rpm and then it goes away..what do you guys think it might be....The clearance on the pipe over the axle isn't that good since I last checked it... ..any help is appreciated..thanx
Old 04-12-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was it touching the rear axle? check the heat sheild where the i pipe goes over the axle too, when i installed my hooker catback it bumped that a little bit too i just had to adjust the exhaust by loosening the bracket on the passenger side that holds the muffler...and i bent the heat sheild a litte bit and that solved my problem. use some type of shim device (wood, thin piping, something along those lines) and wedge them between both sides of the i pipe that oges over the axle. then tighten it all down. that should help with any clearance issues.