Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for all the ssra owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Question for all the ssra owners

I plan on getting an ssra (ac version) soon and was just wondering if anyone has seen any noticeable increases in coolant and trans temps with it. I have a big trans cooler on top of my condenser and was curious if the decrease in airflow will affect the cooling abilities of the cooler and radiator. Also did anyone see a change in temps by removing/putting in their condenser?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run the SSRA in the hottest summer months with no problems at all. It did not affect cooling issues with the radiator. Tons of people run the SSRA and I've never heard of anyone with overheating problems. Most of us run it with the A/C system still intact.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen any noticeable coolant temp increases. I've got an m6, so no idea on the trans temps. But i don't see it making a difference, especially since you have an added trans cooler.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by quicksixRS
I haven't seen any noticeable coolant temp increases. I've got an m6, so no idea on the trans temps. But i don't see it making a difference, especially since you have an added trans cooler.
Yes I have a cooler but the ssra will be practically on top of it thus reducing air flow to it.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Mark. Ask everyone how they are reading the temps. If they are not reading them by a scan/pcm then I would pay no attention. I promise your temps will rise and cooling system will be less efficient.

My advice is delete your a/c and you will be fine. If not then expect your high speed fans to be on all the time in warm weather. If you use a/c on top of that then expect to have to monitor your temps so when they get to high you will know you need to shut the a/c off to bring down temps. This will also raise your trans temp seeing how your cooler will be on your radiator.
I used to see 230s running ssra, ac condenser, and trans cooler on the condenser. Took out the condenser and saw 190s-208 most of the time. That was of course when I had the same mods as you.

Quick Reply: Question for all the ssra owners