Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 extensions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow o2 extensions

Hey guys I am getting ready to do my header install. I will be using macs midlenght headers. My question is: Will I need o2 extensions?? I have o2 sims for the rear but I am not sure if the front o2's will reach. Thanks in advance
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The stock front O2s will probably not reach. My Pacesetters came with some wire extensions, so I just cut the O2 wires and extended them by soldering the wire extensions in between. That worked flawlessly, but after a few months, my driver side O2 wire ended up rubbing against the headers so it melted the insulation on one of the wires and caused misfires. I ended up just buying a Bosch Corvette Rear O2 sensor to replace the driver side for $70 or so. My passenger side is still the extension. I don't remember the Bosch part # off hand, but there're a bunch of threads in here with that info.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Anyone else? Wondering if the o2's will reach on midlenght headers....
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Teching In

If they are LTs I'm sure they will not reach my pace setters did come with wire extensions but all it is is wire butt connectors and heat shrink and if you don't want to cut up your factory wiring you need to put it on the sensor side of the connector which means if you have to replace a sensor you have to do it all over again IMO I would get actual o2 extensions from one of the sponsors that's what I'm going to do can be had for about $30 also I would look at upgrading the gaskets the ones that came with mine were cheap paper style and this isn't a job I want to do more than once

Quick Reply: o2 extensions