Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get X pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get X pipe??

I have seen a few models...Hedman, Magnaflow, Dr. Gas etc, and I have also seen some on e-bay that look like nothing more than two 45's cut and welded together for like $30. That is a big difference over the $100+ for the others. Is there a big difference between just having a muff. shop cut and weld an X pipe and buying a pre-made one? I have no clue about the internals of a "good" x-pipe compared to a "homemade" one. If you could give me suggestions on the best one I would really appreciate it. Also I am planning on dumping at the axle. Would it be better to buy and X-pipe that has the in and out parallel (Magnaflow) or are the angled ones better? Will the Dr. Gas universal X pipe kit work with out a huge amount of modification? Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Matt
Old 04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone??
Old 04-15-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a Dr. Gas X. There is time and money invested in their design. I don’t know all the science behind it but the way in which the x-pipe is constructed is very important. The cross sectional area of the intersection between the two pipes needs to be designed to scavenge exhaust gasses efficiently and create better performance. Slapping two 90 degree bends together just isn’t going to cut it. You get what you pay for.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

I can get you the MagnaFlow one on our GP price. I can call tomorrow for a price. Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.

Nate
Old 04-16-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM...