Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this change worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is this change worth it?

I have read the stickies but didnt see anything about this. Right now I am stock on exhaust except for the Rumbler from TSP. I know am looking to get TSP 1 3/4 and know what those will net. My question is what would I gain - if any - from going from a Y-Pipe/cat back system to a true dual under the axle and out the back. So in short is it worth it? Car will not be lowered so not worried about clearance issues. Will be doing a H/C upgrade later but wanted to take care of the exhaust for now.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The rumbler flows quite well for what it is... a straight though exhaust. If it were ME, I'd get the duals now and be done with it. It sucks when you do mods, then do MORE mods, and have to go back and catch up the stuff you skimped out on previously.

I'm not saying the rumbler is skimping out, but after long tubes and an ORY, the rasp will be crazy. We haven't even talked about throwing a cam at it yet. Get the duals and put the exhaust question to bed for the rest of the time you have the car.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info on this. Will get it take care of then!!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Like said the Rumbler is a str8 through design and flows well....id put the money else where.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

and get 1 7/8 headers dont screw around with 1 3/4

That exhaust is pretty good, I would keep it and use that money for better heads
Old 12-28-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwright41
I have read the stickies but didnt see anything about this. Right now I am stock on exhaust except for the Rumbler from TSP. I know am looking to get TSP 1 3/4 and know what those will net. My question is what would I gain - if any - from going from a Y-Pipe/cat back system to a true dual under the axle and out the back. So in short is it worth it? Car will not be lowered so not worried about clearance issues. Will be doing a H/C upgrade later but wanted to take care of the exhaust for now.
In my opinion I would keep the Rumbler. To me it wouldnt be worth it to back track. I would go ahead and get the bigger headers though. When I bought my 1 3/4 everyone was saying the bigger headers were too big for a stock bottom end ls1
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldnt do 1 3/4 headers, just go bigger for more benefits with 1 7/8s

Quick Reply: Is this change worth it?