Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question knock sensor ?

Will the knock sensor going off cause the gas mileage to take a dive? I know what's setting mine off but just haven't had the time to fix it. The mileage I get out of a tank now has dropped and was wondering if that could cause it.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When spark knock is detected the Ecu backs off on timing until it goes away thus creating less power. It could affect mpg but I wouldn't think too much. What is causing the knock exactly, just curious
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since i live in Colorado i have the sniffer test for emissions. Well my exhaust was true duals Two super cheap high flows 2 dynomax bullets and out the back. In oreder for me to get the car to pass had to put good cats. in the car. So I found a set on craiglslst out f an 06' gto. I cutthe old high flows out and put the gto oesin. The issue is they are big so I have low ground clearence and it is also vibrating across the underside of the floor and banging the floor so it's setting off the Knock sensor.

I plan on cuttng the cats. out but just no time and I was also thining about buying the tsp true duals or having a bunch of my exhaust reworked.

Quick Reply: knock sensor ?