Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR pipe rubber gaskets keeps moving when WOT, help for solutions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR pipe rubber gaskets keeps moving when WOT, help for solutions

EGR pipe which goes connected behind the throttle body keeps having the gasket move when WOT.

Yesterday i did a quick pull on a bike and every time i go WOT the EGR pipe gasket right behind the throttle body keeps moving out of place. Is their a fix for this issue that anyone know of.

I already put a brand new rubber gasket in and i'm not sure if i need to find a better way to have the pipe bolted down but my car pulls alot of air when WOT and its really bugging.

Once the gasket moves out of place my RPM's go up which accelerates my vehicle.

Any help is welcome for solutions.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

so far i been thinking about doubling rubber o ring gasket or even putting a c clamp on the opposite side where you can't bolt it down but i don't want to put a c clamp and risk having it fall off and land on by the belt and pulleys destroying everything. maybe just doubling up gaskets might be my only solution besides switching over to an LS6 intake.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on your Emissions Laws in NM, you could remove the EGR System completely and use an expandable Rubber Freeze Plug to Block the hole in the Intake. Or better yet you could upgrade to an LS6 Intake or F.A.S.T. Neither of which has the EGR Hole behind the Throttle Body and would get you a boost in performance. Any of these options would fix your rubber O-ring from pushing out.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

well as long as i don't have any codes on the dash i could pass emission out here so i been thinking about switching intakes already, if i get an egr code then i'll just tune it out. Im going to be tunning out my O2's as i keep getting a code for low heat i believe on all my O2's due to my exhaust system setup. I'm not sure what else would fix my O2 problem unless i switch to lower heat sensors.

Quick Reply: EGR pipe rubber gaskets keeps moving when WOT, help for solutions