Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP/Hooker/MAC install notes

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FLP/Hooker/MAC install notes

For what it's worth.....

I've done 3 header installs in the last few months... MAC, Hooker, and FLP's.

All three fit fine once they were in place (except those outward facing O2 bungs on the Hookers), but the MACs and the Hookers are a real PITA to get in place....taking off the oil filter & adapter, unbolting motor mounts, jacking up the motor, removing the pass side valve cover.... on and on.

The FLP's went in easily without moving or unbolting ANYTHING....especially the pass side. No forcing, no scratches, no cussing, no bleeding. What a nice change of pace.

They fixed the driver side floorboard clearance by angling the header flange down a bit (compared to my early-issue FLP's), but now the dr side of the y-pipe hangs down a little lower. This car wasn't lowered so it won't be an issue. I'd be curious to see how low it is on a lowered car like mine. I think I like the way mine fit better since I didn't mind clearancing (beating) my floorpan.

Anyway...if you're looking for a good looking, good fitting, easily installed, and complete system... the FLP's are still a great way to go. It's also the only (or one of the only) system that uses a 2.5" y-pipe..... in case you're one of the ones that thinks 3" y-pipes are too big for stock-cubed cars (like me).