Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor question ASAP please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor question ASAP please

Hey guys I just got my headers in a few days ago, and don't have O2 extensions for my front O2s (ordered and on the way), But a guy in a stock 03 Cobra (1,000 miles on it) wants to race me, will It hurt anything if I go do a couple of races with him? I want to put him in his place, he is the type that thinks nothing can touch his Cobra because it is SC.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

First, I don't thinks it's a good idea to drive the car until you have the O2's connected. With the front O2's disconnected the car probably won't run right anyway. Just be patient.

Second, no offense, but unless your car runs well into the 12's, I don't think you will put a stock '03 Cobra "in his place." Again, no offense, but stock '03 Cobras are very quick.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Check below thread for details on making your own extensions.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/133123-home-made-02-extensions.html
Old 05-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

ok first off, you should not run without any front o2 sensors, they make your car run, without them then your car will run like hell, its not worth it trust me! Don't push your luck, plus the computer will throw a code for sure, and if it does which it will your car will run either too rich or lean and your gonna have to spend some money to get the code out of the computer....Just take out advice and DONT run it!

Another thing, if your only pushin about 320 horse, then dont try to race the cobra, he will beat you, those cars are fast and so are ours, but the way your car is setup right now it wont will unless you have some other mods your not saying that you have... I have a friend of mine that has an 03 and i thought i could beat him fast but i didnt so dont get too excited about racing him and beating him... those cars are easily mid 12 second cars with just a good pair of tires on them...
Old 05-02-2004, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Ok I will be patient and wait!! As for the 03 Cobra last time I was at the track he went 13.0 at 110 all stock even tires, he has changed nothing. As for me, I went 12.88 at 109 with a bad 1.99 60ft with a Lid, LM, and Spec stage 3. Now I have Jet-Hot LTs and a 3" X-pipe, so I should be mid 12s easy. So I am not to worried about his Cobra!!