Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chambered muffler question(need explanation)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chambered muffler question(need explanation)...

Flowmaster is a chambered muffler, and it has a reputation of not flowing well at all. When someone posts about flowmaster, every response is to get rid of it. On the other hand, the Hooker muffler is chambered as well, yet is very popular. Both being chambered mufflers, why is the Hooker more respected? I'm guessing the design of the Hooker "chamber" flows better.

P.S. Im not disagreeing with anyone about flowmaster(flows like ****), just trying to understand.

Last edited by Camaro SS 2002; 05-03-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disagree about what on the flowmaster? i had one its **** and holds back a TON of power. when i went from flowmaster to gmmg i noticed a HUGE difference. now the tires start spinning at the top of the gears sometimes before wouldnt even do it in the rain, sometimes but not all the time. hooker is more of a strait through design. only downside is it is real quiet i think
Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
disagree about what on the flowmaster? i had one its **** and holds back a TON of power. when i went from flowmaster to gmmg i noticed a HUGE difference. now the tires start spinning at the top of the gears sometimes before wouldnt even do it in the rain, sometimes but not all the time. hooker is more of a strait through design. only downside is it is real quiet i think
I'm not disagreeing with anyone that flowmaster flows like ****, that's what I meant. Thanks for the info...