Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Lanes True Duals..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Lanes True Duals..

As of now, I have the Dynomouth setup. I had an SLP Dual Dual cat-back and thought it was too quiet so I switched over to a 12 inch dynomax bullet and tried to re-create the SLP Loudmouth setup with the dynomax bullet. Anyways I like the way it sounds, I just wanted a deeper exhaust note, and a system that flows alot better. I looked at the lanes true dual exhaust setup, and its basically two 12 inch dynomax bullets dumped vs. the one 12 inch bullet i have now. My car doesnt have headers but before i go with new exhaust the car will have some headers. My question is.. will there be a big sound difference with the lanes true duals and some Jet Hot long tubes Vs. my stock manifolds and the dynomouth I have now? I got my hopes up with the dynomouth because a few of you guys were talking about it being so loud that it set off car alarms.. but my dynomouth doesnt do that. Its loud but not loud enough to set off car alarms. Just kinda currious to see what you guys think. Thanks alot

Brandon

EDIT: By the way, I'm not one of those guys that just thinks Louder is better. I do want it very loud, just not nasty loud. With that being said, would I be more happy with Lanes True Duals, OR a custom X-pipe with flowmaster single chambers? Thanks guys

Last edited by Ohmyneck; 05-04-2004 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Changing to automaticaly notify me with an e-mail
Old 05-04-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you add headers.. it will get dramatically louder. I would go with headers first before changing the rest of the exhaust.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
When you add headers.. it will get dramatically louder. I would go with headers first before changing the rest of the exhaust.
Well I really want to go ahead and change the exhaust while I'm at it. When i had a guy I know install my Dynomouth setup, he cut some corners and installed a T-pipe in the back instead of the y-pipe that I asked him to. And yes when i say T pipe it looks just like it sounds. It has two 90 degree turns the exhaust has to flow through. I wanted to take it back, but the guy does buisness through my dad. So vs. taking it back and pissing him off, I want true duals anyways.