Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with steering shaft connection

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with steering shaft connection

well, i'm giving up for the night, the headers are on the car but the y pipe will not bolt up in any way,gonna have to take it to a muffler shop The only thing left to hook back up is the steering shaft, i thought the whole time i was prying up on it trying to get it out it was gonna be a bitch to put back on..and i was right. So far i havent even been able to get it started back on, i tried to pry the thing apart a little to help it slide but there is really no room to pry or hammer a srewdriver into it. The top is still connected, the bolt is out but i never could get it off so i just left it and undid the bottome one and pried it off instead. put some grease on it also hoping that would help, anybody got any "hints" to get this mother back on..hard to drive to the muffler shop without steering hahah
matt
Old 05-11-2004, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Sup man.. to reconnect the steering shaft.. Since you've already removed the top screw and the bottom. The top should slide back and forth on the shaft.

To reinstall mine, we slid the top back, and then the bottom slipped right on.

so just have someone slide the top towards the car while you reinstall the bottom..

I see that you're in Ft. Smith.. I lived about 45 min east of you in Subiaco for about four years..

Good luck with the rest of the install..
Old 05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill try it the top is really stuck on there pretty good, ill have to whack the **** out of it with a hammer, yep i know 'suby we played them it football..everytime they would score a touchdown (not very often ) they had a big *** cannon they would shoot.hahah boooooooooommmmm talk to you later
matt
Old 05-11-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the top should slide up and down without issue. before using a hammer try some wd 40,
if you can get the top to move up you will be able to get the bottom on.