Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls 1/2/6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls 1/2/6 intake

I have a 5.3 from an 2001 gmc sierra and want to use an ls intake . I wanted to know what is all need to make this swap work. Will all the connections from the truck wiring harness plug right in, will I be able to use the factory water pump. Also will the truck injectors work with this intake as well as the fuel rail?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you putting it in? If you have the clearance, you can get a late model truck or TBSS intake from LS2 really cheap with injectors and all. You would need the EV1-EV6 injector plug adapters but those can be had for $40 per set of 8. If you have a return-style fuel system with a proper regulator and want to keep it, you will need to do a little work to swap your existing fuel rail over to newer intake. Otherwise you can get the vette fuel filter/regulator combo and run it near the back of the intake in the engine compartment.

If you have to go car intake, the front accessories from the truck will cause the throttle body to hit the water pump. There is an aftermarket bracket setup to move the trick stiff around or some folks have done some other rigging. Most acquire the car front setup. If you change to car setup, get the whole setup..truck sits further out from the motor and unless everything matches, the pulleys won't line up for the belt. Injectors would fit but fuel rail would look silly at best(high crossover to clear taller truck intake) but may mount fine. I'd get the rail to go with the car intake.

If you have room for the truck intake, I'd go with the later model, better truck intake. But I don't know anything about your vehicle or goals.

Info here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...cessories.html

Good luck!

Quick Reply: ls 1/2/6 intake