Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV valve solution

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Default PCV valve solution

So after going through a dozen designs to replace the crappy stock PCV boot that ripped long ago and not pay over a bill at the dealer and still have a clean install, this is what I've come up with for the Mike Norris catch can. A male to male 1/4" and female/female 1/4" to 1/2" fittings, a PCV valve that is the same but includes a 90 elbow and some quicksteel or JB weld. I have used quicksteel on a throttle body so i trust it to last in heat and oil. I wanted the PCV valve vertical because it seems to keep out oil better and not reverse flow that way.

-Use a Dremel to open up the threds a little on the 1/2" side until the PCV valve fits.
-Clean it up real good then prep the quicksteel per directions, quickly press it flat into the threads fairly thin, you don't want it to bunch up inside and block the opening when the valve is installed.
-Clean the valve fat side and install to brass fitting that you already put the quicksteel, quickly before it starts to harden.
-Use the yellow fuel resistant thread tape and install 1/4 fitting to newly rigged valve and then install to catch can.

Now you just need two short pieces of 3/8" line. I use transmission cooler hose because it is more resistant to the heat and oil than vacuum or fuel line.

It looks better than a bunch of fittings and hoses everywhere but I still want to clean it up more. The next step is cut out a bigger hole in the top of the catch can and install the GM PCV grommet and then it will be low profile and the valve will pop in and out for cleaning and replacement.
Attached Thumbnails PCV valve solution-img_20140913_110531_604.jpg   PCV valve solution-img_20140903_133452_268.jpg  

Quick Reply: PCV valve solution