Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring harness help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need wiring harness help

So I'm finally getting a chance to mess with this 99-00 LM7 I picked up awhile back but the idiots that pulled it from the donor vehicle hacked the ***** out of the harness. I have most of everything on the way to being sorted out but still need to figure out what these two main sub-harnesses coming off the main harness at rear of the intake are. It's the two marked with red tape. Obviously some of the one harness contains the trans wiring, but I'm lost beyond that. Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails Need wiring harness help-20150330_181655.jpg   Need wiring harness help-20150330_181735.jpg  
Old 04-13-2015, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If memory serves, the bundle in the first pic (LH side of motor) has the trans and LH front O2 sensor wires. The bundle on the right has both RH O2 sensors.

Best way to tell is ohm each bare wire out to the PCM plugs. Pinouts for the various year PCMs are easy to find online. This won't ID the power and ground wires, but those aren't too hard to figure out.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok yeah pretty much what I figured as far as those go but there seems to be more wires than just that stuff even if the o2 sensors are 4/5 wire and figuring around 6 to the trans...

Quick Reply: Need wiring harness help