Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICT BILLET Bracket, Vette style, does the power steering pump look like it will feed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICT BILLET Bracket, Vette style, does the power steering pump look like it will feed?

I bought a ICT Billet Bracket kit to use in place of a vette bracket to use the cheaper alternators. but when i put it together the feed inlet for the pump is pointed up and to the right at the fluid tank on the vette. with the ICT kit it points down and to the right, and it dosnt look like it would feed properly.

Vette pumps are kind of expensive, if i have to buy a 2nd or 3rd one from burning them up, it defeats the cheaper alternator benefits. this is going on a LS engine swaped into a Viper, and the low mounted alternator hits part of the frame so i had to go high mount.

maybe siphon effect would make it feed right? but at high rpms couldnt there be issues?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Default What did u do on your tank? Here my moded bracket

Originally Posted by RyanS13
I bought a ICT Billet Bracket kit to use in place of a vette bracket to use the cheaper alternators. but when i put it together the feed inlet for the pump is pointed up and to the right at the fluid tank on the vette. with the ICT kit it points down and to the right, and it dosnt look like it would feed properly.

Vette pumps are kind of expensive, if i have to buy a 2nd or 3rd one from burning them up, it defeats the cheaper alternator benefits. this is going on a LS engine swaped into a Viper, and the low mounted alternator hits part of the frame so i had to go high mount.

maybe siphon effect would make it feed right? but at high rpms couldnt there be issues?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

I just used the same set up, any results? I called and spoke to the people a few hours at ict and he said the pump will pull the fluid an it's not gravity fed but I'm a newbie.

Quick Reply: ICT BILLET Bracket, Vette style, does the power steering pump look like it will feed?