Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed my SLP Loudmouth and Airbox lid

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed my SLP Loudmouth and Airbox lid

I love it..its well worth the money..dont know for sure yet, was told the computer may take a day to read everything correctly (bs?) but it seems the 60 punch has a lot more power to it now..i also smoked the hell out of a 2002 Mustang GT that the guy claimed could run a 13.7 yet I ran a 14.24 before the exhaust so I know that guy was a liar
Old 06-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darby
I love it..its well worth the money..dont know for sure yet, was told the computer may take a day to read everything correctly (bs?) but it seems the 60 punch has a lot more power to it now..i also smoked the hell out of a 2002 Mustang GT that the guy claimed could run a 13.7 yet I ran a 14.24 before the exhaust so I know that guy was a liar
More than likely, you ran a 14.24 because you're not used to driving at the track, not because your car runs a 14.24. Mustangs usually perform well enough down low, but top out really quickly. So, if you went from a 60 punch, your LS1 has way more top end than a 4.6L does. My car went 13.26 bone stock - I'd imagine your car was capable of at least a 13.7 if you were used to launching it and racing it.

Besides that, going from a 60 punch in no way indicates what your ET's should be. I've got a buddy with a bolt-on LT1 running 13.0's, and I can smoke him on the street from a roll. When I had my LT1 running 14.0's, I could still spank him from certain speeds on the street because I had more power available to me while in motion.

Don't read too much into it - yes, he was probably lying, but yes, your car should be faster anyway. Nice kill, and congrats on the mods.