Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0068 won't go away

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0068 won't go away

2005 CTS-v keeps throwing a code for p0068 - MAP/MAF throttle correlation.

Thought maybe the MAF was dirty so I pulled it to clean it but then discovered that it appeared to be brand new. It says made in china on it, could that be an issue? Every time I google this code all that i find is people getting this code being told that they need to change their tune, or do something with the tune. this car is all stock, I shouldn't have to get it "tuned" while stock just to pass inspection.

Last edited by dirtymike72; 11-06-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Replaced the MAP sensor because I found a brand new spare lying around, no difference, same thing. Drive it for a while, stop, and if you restart when the engine is hot the check engine light comes on as soon as you turn the key on. I own this car through my dealership and I cannot legally sell it to my brother until it passes a state inspection, and to do that they plug in and it can only have one readiness monitor not ready and the check engine light has to be off. That will never happen
Old 11-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Teching In

well I'll post this for archive purpose in case anybody in the future has this problem and can't figure it out. It took a new MAF sensor AND a new MAP sensor to get rid of the problem. Swapped in the new MAP first and didn't change it, so I swapped back in the original MAP and bought a reman ac delco MAF and installed that to get rid of the china one. Still didn't fix it, but then the customer that actually paid for the MAP sensor came for his car and left the sensor behind, so I threw it back in the ctsv and THEN it finally worked. New map and NON chinese MAF

Quick Reply: p0068 won't go away