Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake manifold/cyl head valley angle (intake has gaps)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake manifold/cyl head valley angle (intake has gaps)

Does anyone know the approx. angle of the intake manifold mounting surface for a stock LS engine (or the cylinder head mating surface for the intake)?

I have an intake that when I set it on the motor has gaps where the intake gasket would go. The gaps are uneven, for example they are narrower at one end then the other (meaning from the bottom of the port to the top).

I took a folding angle finding tool that I have and measured the motor (cyl heads on the motor) at 110 deg, but when I put the same tool on the intake it measures 115

To do the test on the motor I have to tool in a V position, with the bottom of the V in the intake valley. For the intake I used it basically the same way.

I had to take a couple of small notches out of the tool to clear any small lip or obstruction that was in the way so it would read flat on all surfaces.

I searched high and low and cannot find any numbers on the net.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2021, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you ever find out exactly ? I'm looking for the same info. I have a digital angle finder that's okish and its saying 35.3 deg from vertical. I measured my Hi Ram intake and its a combined angle of 110. So that confirms it half of 110 = 55+35 =90 Just not sure if its suppose to be 35 dead on or not....

Clive
Old 01-28-2021, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

OP hasn't been here in 2 years

Quick Reply: Intake manifold/cyl head valley angle (intake has gaps)