Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensors not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensors not working

Do I did a full head gasket job on my 05 Rado 5.3 vin t with larger cam roller rockers etc. It had blown a head gasket and over heated once on my way to garage. While pulling the knock sensor harness I broke a clip so I purchased a new harness. Once put back together I threw 2 codes at 60 mph. Can't remember the number but it was for low power to the sensors. So I figured I fried them. Went to gm and got two new ones. So now new harness and new sensors. Still throwing the codes for low power to both KS1 and KS2. Thought I read somewhere that a guy had to shave his down to get his to ground but Idk. Any thoughts. (Hoping its not the wiring or connector)
Old 04-18-2016, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DeeRay92
Do I did a full head gasket job on my 05 Rado 5.3 vin t with larger cam roller rockers etc. It had blown a head gasket and over heated once on my way to garage. While pulling the knock sensor harness I broke a clip so I purchased a new harness. Once put back together I threw 2 codes at 60 mph. Can't remember the number but it was for low power to the sensors. So I figured I fried them. Went to gm and got two new ones. So now new harness and new sensors. Still throwing the codes for low power to both KS1 and KS2. Thought I read somewhere that a guy had to shave his down to get his to ground but Idk. Any thoughts. (Hoping its not the wiring or connector)
do a continuity check between the block and the sensor body - it should ground by the body. Also check power to see if it is getting 12v indeed or not. After this it will tell you which is the issue and which one to start tracking down.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Will do thanks

Quick Reply: Knock sensors not working