Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout question...

I currently have Jethot LT's with the catted y-pipe and a SLP LM catback. When I installed my headers I was going to ditch the cats and through a pair of QT electric cutouts in thier place but was told that it would make my car run like crap w/ open headers.. If thats the case then why do so many peeps have them? I'm getting a TSP 231/237 cam in a few weeks and want to be able to run it w/ open headers because it sounds so badass but am I risking anything by doing that? Or should I just get them and be done with it?
Old 06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffass
I currently have Jethot LT's with the catted y-pipe and a SLP LM catback. When I installed my headers I was going to ditch the cats and through a pair of QT electric cutouts in thier place but was told that it would make my car run like crap w/ open headers.. If thats the case then why do so many peeps have them? I'm getting a TSP 231/237 cam in a few weeks and want to be able to run it w/ open headers because it sounds so badass but am I risking anything by doing that? Or should I just get them and be done with it?
get em, but wait till you actually do the cam to put em on, on stock you won't have enough backpressure, you will run like crap! keep yer cats around though cuz i hear in austin they're gonna be doing emissions in the next year or two... also, I think you can order the dual cut-out race pipes from FLP where they just swap out with the cats, and already have cut-outs welded into it.... all you would need is your electric plates (though i think alot of the guys just use the bolt on plate since electrics tend to act up from time to time) BTW, this is Will from AFB...