Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
The place I ordered the exhaust from won't give me the order number. Kooks can't find their order without the order number. I explained to Kooks that the place wont give me the number. Kooks did a little looking around and said what I ordered (Dual exhaust for a 4th gen no cats quad tips) is on the production line now but they can't tell me if it is my order or not without the order number. So if the ones being made right now are not mine that it will then be mid October.

I just find it odd that they would wait 2 months to make any item that has already been ordered.. I get it if the order comes in then they might have to wait a little while to get it in production but to have it and they are running that same item and they just hold off on it is just backwards.
Just depends on if it has to be made to order or not. These are 14+ old cars now and companies like Kooks are going to be putting more time into newer platforms, so it isn't all that surprising that these would be put on a trimmed back production schedule.

Whomever you bought from though should of received that information when they put the order in however and notified you immediately. Something like this would perhaps be a good thing to put in the buy/seller feedback section as I find a lot of these companies start jumping through hoops as soon as bad press finds its way on large forums full of potential customers.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

anyone know if these can be hooked up to TSP headers?
Old 09-23-2016, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Well a few more weeks have passed and more emails of promised ship dates have passed. At this point I feel more lied to than anything. Last email said they were being finished up and would be shipping this week. I guess there is still hope as it's Friday morning; lets just say I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update:

Well a few more weeks have passed and more emails of promised ship dates have passed. At this point I feel more lied to than anything. Last email said they were being finished up and would be shipping this week. I guess there is still hope as it's Friday morning; lets just say I'm not holding my breath.
That's the same story I'm getting as well........called Kooks myself they had everything on the shelf as of last Friday for the GTO.......I'm with you on holding your breath.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by munciegoat
That's the same story I'm getting as well........called Kooks myself they had everything on the shelf as of last Friday for the GTO.......I'm with you on holding your breath.
Here is what is really bothering me. Either Kooks has been lying to me or the place I placed the order with. Kooks makes it seem very easy to find out where my order is IF I have the order number from the company that placed order. While the company I ordered through seems to have no idea when it will ship.
Also I'm not talking to some parts seller behind the counter; I'm talking to the owner of the company and he keeps giving me the same BS.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Here is what is really bothering me. Either Kooks has been lying to me or the place I placed the order with. Kooks makes it seem very easy to find out where my order is IF I have the order number from the company that placed order. While the company I ordered through seems to have no idea when it will ship.
Also I'm not talking to some parts seller behind the counter; I'm talking to the owner of the company and he keeps giving me the same BS.
LOL I am talking to the owner as well.....I will let you know If my stuff ships i ordered last week od July. I am Going to PRI in Indy this year and Kooks will be hearing about my disappointment.

Last edited by munciegoat; 09-23-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by munciegoat
LOL I am talking to the owner as well.....I will let you know If my stuff ships i ordered last week od July. I am Going to PRI in Indy this year and Kooks will be hearing about my disappointment.
Not by chance dealing with the same company are we? Starts with an M...
Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Not by chance dealing with the same company are we? Starts with an M...
Winner winner chicken dinner!
Old 09-25-2016, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd have cancelled my order a long time ago.
Have you tried calling other vendors to see if they have to wait also & how long?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to imagine its an issue with Kooks and not the particular vendor but who knows. Dealt with Marylandspeed on several occasions and it was easy and they beat everyone's prices by a lot. As frustrating as it is, unless you haven't been able to drive the car because of the wait, it'll be well worth waiting.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
I'd have cancelled my order a long time ago.
Have you tried calling other vendors to see if they have to wait also & how long?
I've have not done this.

Originally Posted by mac62989
I have to imagine its an issue with Kooks and not the particular vendor but who knows. Dealt with Marylandspeed on several occasions and it was easy and they beat everyone's prices by a lot. As frustrating as it is, unless you haven't been able to drive the car because of the wait, it'll be well worth waiting.
It is Kooks that takes time to make the exhaust. I get it that it will take a while. My biggest issue is that the company can simply call Kooks with their order number and get an exact ETA yet either they just wont or have and continue to make false promises. If I was given the order number I could have personally found out weeks/months ago.

I have since (this past weekend) fab'd up an exhaust to get me on the road again for now. Y-pipe into a bullet muffler with a dump. Very loud and lots of drone, but it works.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

^^^^^^^It's fng ridiculous that you had to do that. Waiting months for something is ridiculous. Especially when it's that expensive. I understand not wanting to just call out a vendor but I don't think there is any issue with starting a thread that says "Waiting X months, Y vendor won't help resolve" if that's the case. Let them chime in and explain.

Lol, I think you need to edit your sig for a while OP.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
^^^^^^^It's fng ridiculous that you had to do that. Waiting months for something is ridiculous. Especially when it's that expensive. I understand not wanting to just call out a vendor but I don't think there is any issue with starting a thread that says "Waiting X months, Y vendor won't help resolve" if that's the case. Let them chime in and explain.

Lol, I think you need to edit your sig for a while OP.
Ya I added that to my sig the day I ordered it because I was excited that I would be getting it in two weeks.

I'm not one to try and start something on the internet. This thread was made because I was wondering the average wait time was. I've emailed and called both Kooks and the vendor. Kooks can't help without information that the vendor has and they can't believe it's taking this long. Vendor blames kooks so it's just a finger pointing thing at this point. I think it will be shipping soon and I have to say this vendor gets a great, great deal on the cost. I just wish it wasn't taking so long.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would bet you the vendor only places orders when they can order a certain number of pieces to get a price break and doesn't want to tell you. I've ordered parts like this before and have no problem with it as long as I know ahead of time and am given a minimum wait time when they will order even if they don't have as many as they wanted. I got my ARH headers for my Silverado SS on a group buy and got one of the first sets ever made...had to wait but was very worth it. ARH wouldn't even design a set until they had 10 orders lined up.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Ya I added that to my sig the day I ordered it because I was excited that I would be getting it in two weeks.

I'm not one to try and start something on the internet. This thread was made because I was wondering the average wait time was. I've emailed and called both Kooks and the vendor. Kooks can't help without information that the vendor has and they can't believe it's taking this long. Vendor blames kooks so it's just a finger pointing thing at this point. I think it will be shipping soon and I have to say this vendor gets a great, great deal on the cost. I just wish it wasn't taking so long.
That is normal for MS. Been there and done that...they do have good prices though!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the issue is with Kooks.....they build several sets at once, when the magic number in set up costs is minimized. the vendors respond with boilerplate timing responses.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not saying you should start S, I'm just saying that it sounds like you are not being given a straight story and there is nothing wrong with asking for clarity.

Some good points being made here. I wonder what the yearly volume is on these kits. I'm sure that it's fairly low, but not dead at this point. You'd think that Kooks would carry some stock on this. I also have no idea how big or small Kooks is which can make a difference.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Cancel your order. Period.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I'm not saying you should start S, I'm just saying that it sounds like you are not being given a straight story and there is nothing wrong with asking for clarity.

Some good points being made here. I wonder what the yearly volume is on these kits. I'm sure that it's fairly low, but not dead at this point. You'd think that Kooks would carry some stock on this. I also have no idea how big or small Kooks is which can make a difference.
They do carry stock because I contacted Kooks about catted leg pipes to quiet the exhaust down. They had them in stock but was 589.00 for them. I initially asked Maryland speed where I purchased my TD's 5yrs ago and they acted like there was no way to get them. So IMO the issue is not Kooks...MS is wierd when it comes to order info. I went through the same deal as OP but did not take as long to get my exhaust or NW 92mm TB.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most likely then, MS likes to run group purchases for better discounts. If they were upfront about it I'd say just wait, but if they are stalling you, I'd get a refund and look elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!