Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!

Ok so after placing the order and waiting exactly 4 months I now have the exhaust in my hands! Glad the wait is now over. I will install them tonight (10/27/16) and I might upload a video of the car once it's all done.

I've got a question. Who here has recently (past year) ordered Kooks dual exhaust? (from kooks or a supplier)

How long did it take for you to get your order?

I've been waiting over THREE months now with no idea when I might get a shipping notification. I've also been told that "people just don't spend that much on these cars.." as a response as to why it's taking so long.

Here is what really sucks (somewhat my fault). When I placed my order I was assured it would be two weeks then I would get a shipping notification. So I sold the Corsa exhaust off my car in order to help the cost a little. So my car is now sitting only because I have no exhaust on it. Fall is approaching then winter and the car will be parked due to weather.

6/27/16 was the order date.

Last edited by BlackSS2001; 10-27-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 383 Posts

Who did you order from?
Old 08-30-2016, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rather not say right now but they are a sponsor on here.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 383 Posts

Well I ordered mine from Maryland speed. It took about 2 weeks...
Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sent you a PM
Old 08-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI I ordered a full kooks system plus headers for my GTO and I'm on week 5 with no hard date when it will ship (called about it today) was told 2 to 3 weeks when ordered.......them 6gens and hellcats must already be modding like crazy I guess......its a little disappointing.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Called Kooks.
Not being given an order number they can't do much with helping me locate where it is on the production line but they said there is a few coming off the line in two weeks then the next batch will be around the middle of October! I am crossing my fingers hoping I wont have to wait that long.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by munciegoat
FYI I ordered a full kooks system plus headers for my GTO and I'm on week 5 with no hard date when it will ship (called about it today) was told 2 to 3 weeks when ordered.......them 6gens and hellcats must already be modding like crazy I guess......its a little disappointing.
Yes it really is.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Just curious why you titled your thread ."Kooks TD exhaust ordering question" You don't have ordering question , you have all ready put your order in correct . You should have named it - Ordered Kooks TDs been waiting over 2 months and I'm MAD as hell !!! The problem is not the vendor ,unless they dropped the ball and did not submit your order in a timely manner. The problem is Kooks the buck stops there.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Ordered a few years ago but I did it at a time when Marylandspeed had them in stock. Took less than a week but let me assure you, its well worth the wait.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe69z28
Just curious why you titled your thread ."Kooks TD exhaust ordering question" You don't have ordering question , you have all ready put your order in correct . You should have named it - Ordered Kooks TDs been waiting over 2 months and I'm MAD as hell !!! The problem is not the vendor ,unless they dropped the ball and did not submit your order in a timely manner. The problem is Kooks the buck stops there.
True. I guess I was just wondering what the average wait time is for others.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just pray they don't ship it fedex or you will be waiting another month
Old 08-31-2016, 11:23 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Last set took 3 months to get to me ordered in April and received late July. Used to be able to get them quickly not sure what happened.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
True. I guess I was just wondering what the average wait time is for others.
What you have to do is ask your self how long are you willing to wait ? This reminds me of a build I was doing a few years ago .I had ordered a set of Mahle pistons from a sponsor on here along with a bunch of other parts. Well within a few days ,I had all the parts but no pistons ,so I call the vendor asked whats up . He got back to me next day said had no responds back yet . Finally he reported back that Speed Pro said it would be 2-3 weeks. Well a after 2 months I decided to take the matter in my own hands and get some answers. I had no problem with the vendor because it was out of there control. But they should have told me that they were on back order at the time I ordered. Ill try to make this short , I made many calls to TRW in Canada to get to the bottom of it . Bottom line after they lied to me 3 times and delay after delay 5 months I said enough .cancelled my order and ordered forged Mahle pistons so I could finish the build . I had ordered those pistons in July , canceled it in November . Got the Mahle in 3 days. Come to find out from my sales rep they did stat to fill those orders til late Feb the next year.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usnfenix
just pray they don't ship it fedex or you will be waiting another month
Yes FedEx sucks , but the brown truck is not any better. The reason these companies survive is they have no competition.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I called Maryland speed they told me they were ordering $180,000-$200,000 dollars worth of KOOKS products per month and that they are simply overrun..... Having installed a true dual system on a 4th gen seeing the quality first hand convinced me to order a system for my GTO. I feel you get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust systems after see different GTO and 4th gen setups. Its worth the wait. Just wish they would be upfront and honest about wait times.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
Called Kooks.
Not being given an order number they can't do much with helping me locate where it is on the production line but they said there is a few coming off the line in two weeks then the next batch will be around the middle of October! I am crossing my fingers hoping I wont have to wait that long.
Them not giving you a order # , is an out for them to give you another excuse in 2 weeks and in October too. That is a bunch of BS . Call them back, get hold of someone at the top , be curious and professional explain problem and try to come to reasonable solution in a time frame that is acceptable to you. If they are not willing to accommodate you, be prepared to cancel and go else where with your business.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by omc8
Them not giving you a order # , is an out for them to give you another excuse in 2 weeks and in October too. That is a bunch of BS . Call them back, get hold of someone at the top , be curious and professional explain problem and try to come to reasonable solution in a time frame that is acceptable to you. If they are not willing to accommodate you, be prepared to cancel and go else where with your business.
^^ This
Old 08-31-2016, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The place I ordered the exhaust from won't give me the order number. Kooks can't find their order without the order number. I explained to Kooks that the place wont give me the number. Kooks did a little looking around and said what I ordered (Dual exhaust for a 4th gen no cats quad tips) is on the production line now but they can't tell me if it is my order or not without the order number. So if the ones being made right now are not mine that it will then be mid October.

I just find it odd that they would wait 2 months to make any item that has already been ordered.. I get it if the order comes in then they might have to wait a little while to get it in production but to have it and they are running that same item and they just hold off on it is just backwards.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes FedEx sucks , but the brown truck is not any better. The reason these companies survive is they have no competition.
never had an issue with the brown, now fedex on the other hand i could go all night. In all honesty if i could destroy one company it would be Fedex. I would dismantle it part by part and ship the remains to hell via UPS. At least i know it'd get there

Quick Reply: Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!