Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
I've have not done this.

I 'd recommend checking with ws6 store.
Although different manufacturers and parts but I had my entire suspension delivered within a week from time I ordered.

They also do free shipping on kooks duals.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm certainly not trying to bash anyone, but from what I've heard I agree with others - I'd cancel my order unless they could give me answers. How much of a discount are you getting OP?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I'm certainly not trying to bash anyone, but from what I've heard I agree with others - I'd cancel my order unless they could give me answers. How much of a discount are you getting OP?
What I paid for this new one I could have bought a used one for the same if not the used would have been a little more. So it's a good deal. I looked on here and every time one came up for sale it was gone in seconds.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I'm not saying you should start S, I'm just saying that it sounds like you are not being given a straight story and there is nothing wrong with asking for clarity.

Some good points being made here. I wonder what the yearly volume is on these kits. I'm sure that it's fairly low, but not dead at this point. You'd think that Kooks would carry some stock on this. I also have no idea how big or small Kooks is which can make a difference.
Not saying you said I was I just don't want to come off that way on here.

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
They do carry stock because I contacted Kooks about catted leg pipes to quiet the exhaust down. They had them in stock but was 589.00 for them. I initially asked Maryland speed where I purchased my TD's 5yrs ago and they acted like there was no way to get them. So IMO the issue is not Kooks...MS is wierd when it comes to order info. I went through the same deal as OP but did not take as long to get my exhaust or NW 92mm TB.
Kooks doesn't carry any in stock they are built to order on this product due to it being an older product and so complex. I do know Kooks has been running a few and said I might be getting it soon...

Originally Posted by 99SSJarhead
Most likely then, MS likes to run group purchases for better discounts. If they were upfront about it I'd say just wait, but if they are stalling you, I'd get a refund and look elsewhere.
They are the biggest seller for Kooks and is why they get the discount they do. Yet I do feel like I've been lied to by them this whole time. So now I'm being the type of person I despise by emailing then a few times a week to see if there has been any update on shipping.

My biggest issue is that when I call kooks directly and act like I'm going to buy this exhaust or just call to ask how long it would be for me to get it, I always get the same answer and it's not 3 months or even a month. When I talk to the customer service they can't believe that it's taking so long and I just let them know that from what I've been told it's 100% their fault. They don't want to **** off their biggest buyer but they disagree that it's their fault. I simply want an honest answer on when I will be getting a tracking number.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah seems Maryland isn't up to par on your situation. If you do cancel and get refunded maybe holler at mamo, he can get you the kooks system and you know he won't shoot the bull. He's as straight up as they come.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another Update:

Called Kooks up and was told they had started production on the exhaust but ran out of materials, they are now waiting on their supplier to get said materials in and then will start running the exhaust again ... So this means it will could be a week or two before they are able to get them shipped.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a FYI I just got my exhaust I ordered on 7/29 this year. Crazy how the hell do you run out of material!
Old 10-13-2016, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update:

Called Kooks the material came in this week and the systems are back on the production line and looking to be shipping out next week! Fingers crossed.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Thats good news and like I said earlier it will be worth the wait. When I ordered wheels I didnt have them in hand until almost 6 months later. Fikse had poor communication with me and it was a nightmare but in the end I would of waited even longer, the end product was outstanding. Same can be said with this exhaust, some of the best money I ever spent..
Old 10-18-2016, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mind waiting. If when I ordered this exhaust someone would have just said on well before you order it will probably take 4-5 months before you receive it I would have been initially bumbed, but at least I would know and I would be ok with that. Being told it will ship in 2 weeks and here we are 8 days away from it being 4 months, that's just ridicules. I don't believe Kooks was waiting that long on material so that means either they are way behind on production or they just don't care.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

I got some BS from Fikse too, they were changing production facilities, they had 3 wheel faces made and were waiting on one, blah blah.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update:

Suppose to drop ship this Friday!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Congrats, I ordered mine in summer 2015 from Ws6Store. They had a good price and I had it in a week. You will like it, its on the loud side but when you open it up, it sounds like magic! Fantastic growl, Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silplu83
Congrats, I ordered mine in summer 2015 from Ws6Store. They had a good price and I had it in a week. You will like it, its on the loud side but when you open it up, it sounds like magic! Fantastic growl, Enjoy!
Thanks! It can't be any worse than the bullet I have attached off the Y pipe that then dumps at the rear end.

No shipping info yet...
Old 10-21-2016, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE:

Made a phone call and the exhaust has shipped! It's suppose to drop ship to me, but might ship to the company I placed the order through. Either way it's finally on its way!

Now for the reasoning behind all the waiting. Orders are placed as a bulk order so that order get's held up until all items are ready to ship. Also Kooks dropped the ball big time when they ran out of materials to make this exhaust.

All in all it's been a overly drawn out ordeal, but it's coming to an end and it looks like I will be able to drive my car some this year before the weather turns!

Over the winter I am thinking about changing out the tips to the CME that I have.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

It will be worth the wait...nothing out there sounds as good as Kooks TD's imo. It does get louder with H/C setups.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shipping info has been sent! Exactly 4 months from order placed to shipping info sent. I've got my car on my lift ready for the install.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Your gonna wake the people a mile down the road with the TDs and and MS4, its gonna be awesome
Old 10-27-2016, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well well look what came in the brown truck today!!!! This will be on the car tonight! Who would like a video of it once it's in?

Quick Reply: Ordered Kooks TDs Waited 4 months and they are now here!