Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CME owners, need assistance with tip placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question CME owners, need assistance with tip placement

I have gathered all of the necessary pieces to install the dual CME tips onto my GMMG. I have searched and read several threads on the subject and the concensus seems to be that there is 1.5" spacing between the 3 sides of the tips and the valance opening. My question is this: Are the faces of the tips recessed into the opening, are they flush with the face of the valance, or do they protrude out of the opening? If recessed or protruding...how far? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-21-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine were flush with the facing when I had the stock catback. Ever since the LM install at Midas, they've been fucked.

So yeah, they should be flush, and the top of the tips are no more than a half inch away from the fascia. Don't worry about the paint, as jacked as my tips are right now (one of them actually touches the fascia), I haven't had any paint problems.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay...thanks!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine are flush or just slightly back. Here are a few pics. If you need more I will take some. Be careful with those tips, they break easy. Take it from one who broke them.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks, Brian! Those are great pics...they'll definitely help. As for the tips, I'm hoping that the ones I ordered from SLP have the extra reinforcement already welded in...if not, I'm going to have that done.