Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!! - Page 22 - LS1TECH

Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #421
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_V8r View Post
Yes there was. I went from hearing metallic rattles to hearing the little interior squeaks. I also noticed the car lifts truer, if that makes any sense at all. Edit -- Meaning when I lift from the side, both wheels lift, not just the one closest to the jack.

And no, it wasn't out of boredom. I seen hioSSilver post about it somewhere and decided it looks like a good idea.
that's pretty neat. one of those 'free' mods. I understand what you're talking about. reduces flex.
taman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #422
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentB View Post
Well I've had some exhaust shops look at mine and they try adjusting the pipes and it hasn't made any improvements. I love the way this kit sounds but I'm sad to say it's for sale and I'll have to look at a different setup. Good luck guys!
I sent you a pm about your exhaust
slvr98camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #423
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentB View Post
Well I've had some exhaust shops look at mine and they try adjusting the pipes and it hasn't made any improvements. I love the way this kit sounds but I'm sad to say it's for sale and I'll have to look at a different setup. Good luck guys!
You too huh????
pressureprows6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #424
TECH Addict

Lol sound clips.

I think some of you are forgetting motor mount sag can play alot into your exhaust ground clearance.

And for reference if your exhaust shop can't figure out how to cut and weld and get your setup exactly how you want it, you should find another shop
chrysler kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #425
TECH Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysler kid View Post
Lol sound clips.

I think some of you are forgetting motor mount sag can play alot into your exhaust ground clearance.

And for reference if your exhaust shop can't figure out how to cut and weld and get your setup exactly how you want it, you should find another shop
^^^This
zachm89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 PM   #426

Smile Lowered 1.2" h&r springs and koni strt shocks/struts

So I bought the exhaust used from p$&&$&... and wifey and I put it on. No real issues with fit other than the previous owners issue about it being too low. I tell you, a golf ball couldn't roll under it at that point. So I mozied on over to the muffler shop and had them take a look at it. They were also saying that if the outlet of the xpipe were pointed up instead of down that it woulda fit perfectly. However, they also said that if it were mounted on a stock height car as it was then it would have worked just fine as well. I'm lowered 1.2" on h&r springs with koni strt shocks/struts, all brand new. So what they did for me was cut the xpipe out and ran straight pipes, tac-welding everything but the pipes going into the headers. Sounds good, growls something ferocious though I tell you what. Now all I need to do is work on the engine to make better use of the straight pipes. The clearance is better, rarely scraping on anything. Heat shield is hitting the pipes over the axel, but that can be easily taken care of. Final thoughts is that it's a good exhaust sans the x, lol. I'll post some pics soon.
Jojo23460 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #427
TECH Junkie

^^^ As second-ever posts on this site go, that is an incredibly well thought out and informative post, sir!
Darth_V8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM   #428

Thx darth. Nice profile pic btw. So here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0063.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0064.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0073.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0079.jpg  
Jojo23460 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #429
Sponsor

Thanks again for the comments guys. When the next batch comes in I will see if we can get a car in the shop, and check out if any modification can be done for lowered vehicles. When test fitting our prototype clearance didn't seem to be an issue, we even called the guy a week or so asking about drive-ability/clearance with our prototype. His response was that he never had issues scrapping, but then again he is stock height so its hard to say. As some of you know from our header thread we absolutely listen to customer feedback, and even made a few changes accordingly. We will continue to do the same, and hopefully perfect the kit for lowered and stock height cars.

Thanks
Sean
Speed Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #430
Launching!

I'm hanging around to see if the modifications are made & how they fit afterward. Also interested in some hi-flow cats for mine as well.
spent21 is offline   Reply With Quote