Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Yes there was. I went from hearing metallic rattles to hearing the little interior squeaks. I also noticed the car lifts truer, if that makes any sense at all. Edit -- Meaning when I lift from the side, both wheels lift, not just the one closest to the jack.

And no, it wasn't out of boredom. I seen hioSSilver post about it somewhere and decided it looks like a good idea.
that's pretty neat. one of those 'free' mods. I understand what you're talking about. reduces flex.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrentB
Well I've had some exhaust shops look at mine and they try adjusting the pipes and it hasn't made any improvements. I love the way this kit sounds but I'm sad to say it's for sale and I'll have to look at a different setup. Good luck guys!
I sent you a pm about your exhaust
Old 03-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TrentB
Well I've had some exhaust shops look at mine and they try adjusting the pipes and it hasn't made any improvements. I love the way this kit sounds but I'm sad to say it's for sale and I'll have to look at a different setup. Good luck guys!
You too huh????
Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol sound clips.

I think some of you are forgetting motor mount sag can play alot into your exhaust ground clearance.

And for reference if your exhaust shop can't figure out how to cut and weld and get your setup exactly how you want it, you should find another shop
Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Lol sound clips.

I think some of you are forgetting motor mount sag can play alot into your exhaust ground clearance.

And for reference if your exhaust shop can't figure out how to cut and weld and get your setup exactly how you want it, you should find another shop
^^^This
Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Smile Lowered 1.2" h&r springs and koni strt shocks/struts

So I bought the exhaust used from p$&&$&... and wifey and I put it on. No real issues with fit other than the previous owners issue about it being too low. I tell you, a golf ball couldn't roll under it at that point. So I mozied on over to the muffler shop and had them take a look at it. They were also saying that if the outlet of the xpipe were pointed up instead of down that it woulda fit perfectly. However, they also said that if it were mounted on a stock height car as it was then it would have worked just fine as well. I'm lowered 1.2" on h&r springs with koni strt shocks/struts, all brand new. So what they did for me was cut the xpipe out and ran straight pipes, tac-welding everything but the pipes going into the headers. Sounds good, growls something ferocious though I tell you what. Now all I need to do is work on the engine to make better use of the straight pipes. The clearance is better, rarely scraping on anything. Heat shield is hitting the pipes over the axel, but that can be easily taken care of. Final thoughts is that it's a good exhaust sans the x, lol. I'll post some pics soon.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

^^^ As second-ever posts on this site go, that is an incredibly well thought out and informative post, sir!
The following users liked this post:
jmilz28 (10-12-2023)
Old 03-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Thx darth. Nice profile pic btw. So here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0063.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0064.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0073.jpg   Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!-img_0079.jpg  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for the comments guys. When the next batch comes in I will see if we can get a car in the shop, and check out if any modification can be done for lowered vehicles. When test fitting our prototype clearance didn't seem to be an issue, we even called the guy a week or so asking about drive-ability/clearance with our prototype. His response was that he never had issues scrapping, but then again he is stock height so its hard to say. As some of you know from our header thread we absolutely listen to customer feedback, and even made a few changes accordingly. We will continue to do the same, and hopefully perfect the kit for lowered and stock height cars.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm hanging around to see if the modifications are made & how they fit afterward. Also interested in some hi-flow cats for mine as well.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Sean,
I ordered your 1 7/8" heads and the true duals about a month ago but haven't had time to install yet (hopefully this weekend). I sent an email but the box the headers came in was fine but the box for the duals was torn up and the bag containing the hangers was torn and some of the bolts were lose in the box and the sealed bag with the clamps only had 11 clamps. Also some of the pipes are misshapen where they slide together from the poor handling during shipping so maybe better packaging could help but Could you give a contents list so I can see if I'm missing anything. Otherwise quality and price are great and I'm more interested in the performance gains more than lack of clearance since my current 3" Y already scrapes on everything.
Thanks,
Jamos
Old 03-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Thanks again for the comments guys. When the next batch comes in I will see if we can get a car in the shop, and check out if any modification can be done for lowered vehicles. When test fitting our prototype clearance didn't seem to be an issue, we even called the guy a week or so asking about drive-ability/clearance with our prototype. His response was that he never had issues scrapping, but then again he is stock height so its hard to say. As some of you know from our header thread we absolutely listen to customer feedback, and even made a few changes accordingly. We will continue to do the same, and hopefully perfect the kit for lowered and stock height cars.

Thanks
Sean

This is some promising news, If you guys get this kit to tuck up after the x like the kooks appears to be I will definately order one. I need as much clearance as possible due to poor road condtions.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Exhaust on an fbody is a major gong show. But this kit delivered what was promised.

Exhaust is a **** show on these cars and lowering it just makes it so much worse
Z28_Demon (07-23-2019)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering

Thanks
Sean
You might consider trying to adjust the fit before ordering another 100 sets or whatever number number you need to get the bulk discount. Otherwise you just have inventory that doesn't meet the needs of your customers.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OLDWS6
You might consider trying to adjust the fit before ordering another 100 sets or whatever number number you need to get the bulk discount. Otherwise you just have inventory that doesn't meet the needs of your customers.
Yep...very well said.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Z28_Demon (07-23-2019)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Sponsor

OLDWS6: Not really sure what to say to your response. Our message quoted in your post states we did not see any concern regarding fitment/clearance during the prototype phase, and besides the few on here that have complained with lowered vehicles we have seen great response from our exhaust. As we stated in the next batch we receive we will take a look to see if any additional modification can be done with our exhaust for lowered vehicles. However, in the mean time we do not have any plans for revisions at this time.

pressureprows6: Thank you, and we are all about customer feedback/testimonials, however I just want to point out that 22+ of the 29 posts ever made on LS1Tech are negtive in our thread. We have all heard your concerns, and that you sold your kit. Your agenda is obvious I think we have all heard what you have to say.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-27-2017, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have speed engineering headers. 2+ years of intense *** beating. Paid less than the cheapest brand name on the market. ZERO complaints.

I would have paid 500$ in an absolute heart beat, paid an exhaust shop to fix any fitment issues. AND IT IS STILL CHEAPER THAN ANY OTHER EXHAUST ON THE MARKET.

3 freaking inch MANDREL bent exhaust true duel exhaust. For 100 dollars more than a single exhaust. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOOL

I don't even remotely understand.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Sponsor

Thank you for your comments..

Sean
Old 03-27-2017, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

I can't speak for the true dual kit, but if its half as good as the longtubes and ORY pipe I just received, its a killer deal! These longtubes are second to none for the price.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!