Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i love my car and hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i love my car and hate my car

so today i turn on the a/c and the car runs abnormally slower, harsher, and vibrates more. What the f*#K? The car is an 01 M6. Let me know what you think
Old 07-08-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mc01ta
Let me know what you think
Your ac is broken
Old 07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

thats no good, i hope your not right. your being serious?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uhh, youre not giving us much to work with here. Do you think its broken? After a few moments does the car smooth out (as the computer learns and compensates for the a/c)? Does the a/c make and funky noises? All the symptoms seem like they could be normal operation to me. But if any or all of those symptoms are particularly bad, it could be trouble. Its hard to gauge the severity of the matter from the short description above.

-T
Old 07-08-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

car does not smooth out. There is a vibration throughout the car without the a/c but is greatly enhanced with it on. There is some noise through the vents and never goes away. Car usually blows decently cold air, not icy tho. Car definitely runs slower than it did last summer with the a/c on, like it is really struggling to drive. Not sure what the deal is
Old 07-09-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well dude, I think you answered your own question there. If its running different than it was last year, then something is wrong. You can check your r-134a level / pressure and see if you have enough, but I dont know if that would cause a problem like you described. You may have to look around for a new AC compressor. People on these boards sell them fairly regularly. Or just take it somewhere and have them diagnose the problem.

-T

Quick Reply: i love my car and hate my car