Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker header install

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker header install

I just had my Hooker lt's and ory put on yesterday. I dont know what the hell was wrong but the correct headers and correct y werent even close to fitting together. The driver side of the y sat about 12"s away from the header when installed. It took a local muffler shop which is very good at this stuff like an 1.5 hrs to make a pipe to fit this. It was next to impossible to get the y on to the headers and the driver side damn header points way over to the left so the drivers o2 is about 1/4 away from the floor. Plus the y which is a piece of **** in itself really rubs the tunnel brace. It took a total of 14hrs to install this setup with my buddy from the muffler shop doing most of the work. Hooker stuff is crap. I guess you get what you pay for!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thats weird, I had no problems whatsoever. The only little thing I had to do was cut the heat shield on the driver's side for the O2 sensor.

Sounds like something was wrong with your Y pipe.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

ya, its almost like the driver side was meant for a cat and the other side is correct. Oh the other weird thing is that i removed the rear o2's and did not install any sims. There is still no ses or check engine light after 25 miles. There is one good thing there was actually a seat of the pants difference form my edelbroch shorties and catted y.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Launching!

thats strange...i have the cheaper headers made by Hooker: Flowtech...same design...and everything fit perfectly except for a little bit of vibration which u only feel when you are idling in drive...everything fit in kinda smooth..

i would call hooker and maybe they can see if they sent you the wrong Y...
Old 07-10-2004, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ELS1
thats strange...i have the cheaper headers made by Hooker: Flowtech...same design...and everything fit perfectly except for a little bit of vibration which u only feel when you are idling in drive...everything fit in kinda smooth..

i would call hooker and maybe they can see if they sent you the wrong Y...
ya i guess. I got my stuff from thunder racing and the instruction sheets have the correct part number on them it is so weird and bittering
Old 07-10-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

hooker ory is two peacis it sounds lioke you only got the y part and not the 12" 2ed peace it is supossed to come with??? my when on gerat
Old 07-11-2004, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pontiac
hooker ory is two peacis it sounds lioke you only got the y part and not the 12" 2ed peace it is supossed to come with??? my when on gerat
that sounds exactly right. so i guess there was supposed to be a little 12" piece with the y. Did yours have a bend in it and a notch so it wouldnt hit the floor.