Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley owners in here

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASP pulley owners in here

ok those of you who have installed the Asp crank pulley, how did you guyz like it? Did anybody feel a difference or see a difference at the track or on the dyno? I already bought so it's not like i'm trying to decide if i should go with it or not. I'm just trying to figure out what i can expect from it... I will be gettin rid of the hypertech BS tune and goin with a Nelson tune or sumthing like that. I'm also waiting to install the vigilante and headers... The car is in texas and i'm in washington state, that is why the parts aren't on yet... damn there is so much boring and unneccesary info in here ne ways a word about the ASP pulley from anybody would be greatly appreciated...
Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search is your friend..
Old 09-26-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Search is your friend..

Old 09-27-2004, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I LOVE mine. I noticed some power definitly. I even made a vid of how much faster it revs with the new pulley over stock, but need to host it somewhere.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

I noticed it rev quicker, that's about it. I haven't had it to the track or dyno, so no help there. Also, with my auto, the battery power is a little lower now at idle. Just a few ticks above the orange.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

I would research it some more. I put UD on my car and it ran slower at the track! Yes the weather conditions at the track were different, but I have noticed more spark knock now that they are on. I have the ASP SFI aproved crank and the 15% alt pulley. I can not tell that it revs quicker in gear. I hear people say it does in Nuetral (big deal). I wish I would have spent my money on something else. I bought them cause my friend said they took almost 2 tenths off his 1/4 time, but they have not helped me yet. So I do not know what to tell you. If you do a search I remember one post about how a guy put UD on and it lost him 1hp at the wheel.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

glad to see there are sum people here willing to help. I know the search deal works, so stop and think that if i don't use it it's for a reason... search button is our friend, to bad time is not mine... thanx a bunch to all those who did answer... Cstick what year is your car i heard 00 01 got hit hard with torque management, maybe all that knock you're hearing is just that you're in great need of a good aftermarket tune... thanx for ya'lls replies...
Old 09-29-2004, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSS
glad to see there are sum people here willing to help. I know the search deal works, so stop and think that if i don't use it it's for a reason... search button is our friend, to bad time is not mine... thanx a bunch to all those who did answer... Cstick what year is your car i heard 00 01 got hit hard with torque management, maybe all that knock you're hearing is just that you're in great need of a good aftermarket tune... thanx for ya'lls replies...
I'd hate to think that the 00/01's got worse TM than I did. It really made my shifts sloppy after the converter install. After I deleted it, whole other car. She even chirps/spins the tires shifting into second now... without a shift kit.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Launching!

I installed one on a completly stock 2001 6 speed LS1 and noticed no difference, but I am willing to bet if I let the motor breath a little better (exhaust/lid) then the pulley would make a difference. I have not dynoed it either since I installed it.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed 1 full tenth increase at the 1/8th mi. track that I run my T/A on after I installed the ASP underdrive crank pulley. Yes I did notice my engine getting in to the higher RPM range quicker with the pulley. I also noticed my tires spinning more out of the hole. I had to drop to 20 psi to hook up.

It will make a difference having a pulley,most noticeable when you really put your foot in it. The only down side for me is I noticed my car is harder to steer at idle speeds. It is a good mod for the money invested.

Good luck.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

ASP pulley is probably most noticable in your 60' time at the track. The rev's do pick up faster. If your getting KR, that could account for worse track times along with a ton of other variables...

Dan
Old 09-29-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

2001 M6
Old 09-30-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

thanx for all the replies i got my pulley today and i got the wrong one... so i'm waiting on the right one now... fast eddie stock tune right? if you ever do get an aftermarket tune tell them to set you idle 800 to 900 rpm that will move all your other accessories at the speed they need...