Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about ls6 intake please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about ls6 intake please help

im looking into getting one, i am keeping my egr and air so i need one for this, now does the egr and air even attach to the intake? and way way later down the road if i decide to remove egr and air does anyone sell a blockoff plate for an ls6 intake that came with egr provisions so i can block my ls6 intake? thanks
Old 10-06-2004, 03:12 AM
10 Second Club

Only the EGR goes into the intake and unless you get the 'SLP modified' version (Lingenfelter makes an adaptor as well I think) there are no EGR provisions on the standard LS6 intake.
The AIR system runs into the exhaust manifold or header but not the intake.
And yes you can plug up the intake (and use block off plates on the exhaust) later on if need be, much like some people plug up their LS1 intakes currently.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my LS6 intake manifold is the Lingenfelter, and the adaptor that comes with it SUCKS!
first i had to find someone to put a hole in the manifold that would fit to the size of the hole in the adaptor, and then the adaptor leaked really bad dispite being liberal with the stuff to seal it.

from what i've seen if you're going to have the EGR on your LS6 intake manifold, go with SLP's. i know a couple people that have it and have not had any problems.
unless you're in a state that checks for smog, you may want to consider getting rid of the EGR.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6

unless you're in a state that checks for smog, you may want to consider getting rid of the EGR.
Just keep in mind. Deleting EGR will set a code but there is no harm. If you don't want to live with the SES then you may want to find someone with LS1edit to remove the code for you.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:19 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Just get the EGR and AIR deleted. Just my $.02

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Just get the EGR and AIR deleted. Just my $.02

Peace,