Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR question

I'm thinking about removing the air pipes that connect to the exhaust manifolds.(just to clean up the engine bay a little.)

I have read here that this will set an error code and turn on the SES light on the dash. If I leave the power connection to the pump and let it still run, will this still turn the SES light on? What other options do I have other than to take it to a tuner?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 10-18-2004, 07:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset SS
I'm thinking about removing the air pipes that connect to the exhaust manifolds.(just to clean up the engine bay a little.)

I have read here that this will set an error code and turn on the SES light on the dash. If I leave the power connection to the pump and let it still run, will this still turn the SES light on? What other options do I have other than to take it to a tuner?

Thanks,
Ed
It is my understanding that if you leave the pump plugged in so it can still run, you will not get the SES. I just removed mine completely and will get the pcm reflashed. You will need block off plates for your exhaust manifolds, and a good filter for your lid, if you still have the factory lid. Now I understand that certain years differ, but on my 01 there was a vacuum hose hooked into the AIR hose at the back of the drivers side head. I unplugged it then plugged it off with silicone. The little solenoid that it was hooked to was a **** to remove. There was a 15mm bolt on the back of the head holding it as well as a bolt on the coil pack. One thing I learned was that the bolt on the back of the head I didn't have to completely remove because the solenoid bracket was slotted. Just loosen then pull up... Would have saved me a ton of time.