Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside

I orders some edelbrock headers from kris at SDPC on Thursday evening and they arrived today so I just had to share. Excellent price by the way. They look to be very high quality. I will be installing them soon hopefully and I will probably take pictures of the install. I will have track times/improvements soon after that. I have included some pics. I couldn't find many good pics when I was contemplating these headers, so here they are. The only problem I see is it looks like the left side of the y-pipe wasn't expanded to 3.5 inches like the right side is. An exhaust shop should be able to easily fix that when I have the o2 bungs welded in.
Attached Thumbnails Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5736.jpg   Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5737.jpg   Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5738.jpg   Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5739.jpg   Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5742.jpg  

Old 10-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

2 more pics...
Attached Thumbnails Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5743.jpg   Just got Edelbrock Headers - Pics inside-dscn5744.jpg  
Old 10-18-2004, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

I got in an argument over pacesetters vs these... I tried explaining that these were better because of varoius reasons... Tell everyone how much u like them cuz i know your satisfied with the performance and price of your headers.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
I got in an argument over pacesetters vs these... I tried explaining that these were better because of varoius reasons... Tell everyone how much u like them cuz i know your satisfied with the performance and price of your headers.

Well, I can't comment on the performance yet, but from what I've read these will well outperform pacesetters. They have high velocity merge collectors, stepped design and a good looking y pipe. The entire system just looks very high quality. They aren't available coated like pacesetters but that's ok with me. They were cheaper than pacesetters by the way.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98B4CZ28
They aren't available coated like pacesetters but that's ok with me.
That's the main (only?) problem with these over the Pacesetters, the threat of rust in a matter of weeks.
A coated or stainless Edelbrock would be quite awesome (and likely expensive)...I'm sure if one were to strip them down, hit them with that POR-15 stuff I keep hearing about and then maybe paint them well, they would hold up better.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

U can get the edelbrocks in a ceramic header... They dont rust and are keep cooler than pacesetters coated headers...

HEADERS ARE HEADERS from now on..
Old 10-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
U can get the edelbrocks in a ceramic header... They dont rust and are keep cooler than pacesetters coated headers...

HEADERS ARE HEADERS from now on..
I don't know where you heard that. Can you post a link. I have never heard of or seen coated edelbrock long tubes. Their shorties might be coated...
TECH Resident

you can always send them to Jet hot, they'll coat anything for a price

Are the collectors welded on or slip fits? What all do the headers come with?
I had heard O2 extensions and all the AIR/EGR/O2 fittings or bungs.

John
Old 10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JNorris
Are the collectors welded on or slip fits? What all do the headers come with?
I had heard O2 extensions and all the AIR/EGR/O2 fittings or bungs.

John
They are slip fits. Kris at SDPC told me they don't need to be welded and I saw a few posts in the past that said the same thing. I am skeptical but just from test fitting them they seem to be very tight. We will see. They come with new gaskets, o2 extension and air/egr/o2 fittings and what looks like a reducer if you have the stock catback.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, ive got the edelbrocks on my car. Heres the impressions. These headers rock. After the old stuff was taken out, they installed in 30 mins. the y pipe slip fits leak if you dont weld them. I have them clamped and they leak. So weld them up. These headers need no help installing, they slide right in. no jackin up the motor, no grinding the Kmember.. You will be impressed with these. great piece, i didnt coat mine, because they will last a few years uncoated, and then ill take them off, sandblast, and reapply new paint/coatng whichever i want. You made a good choice. Same price as pacesetters and own them in every category
Old 10-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohhiitznik
Ok, ive got the edelbrocks on my car. Heres the impressions. These headers rock. After the old stuff was taken out, they installed in 30 mins. the y pipe slip fits leak if you dont weld them. I have them clamped and they leak. So weld them up. These headers need no help installing, they slide right in. no jackin up the motor, no grinding the Kmember.. You will be impressed with these. great piece, i didnt coat mine, because they will last a few years uncoated, and then ill take them off, sandblast, and reapply new paint/coatng whichever i want. You made a good choice. Same price as pacesetters and own them in every category
Did you weld the collectors to the header also. I was going to replace the clamps they supplied with stainless band clamps for the y pipe. I just don't want to weld the y pipe in case I need to take it off temporarily in the future. I feel like mine should last a while uncoated also, especially in oklahoma.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, im in michigan, and im hoping for 2 years. Anyway, I didnt weld the collector to the header, that sucker is on there and NOT coming off. I banged it on with a rubber mallet. I need to weld the Y to that collector tho, because that leaks. And I need to get the Reducer taken off, and cut the pipe and custom fit a pipe for more flow.. cuz my hooker catback needed the reducer to fit anyway, these headers rock!
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

These headers sound awesome from these opinions. I think these are the ones I will go with over the winter.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look really good man.... Run them down to Airborne & have them coated, those will rust on you in a matter of months, especially with the winter coming up here in our state.

Mike.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are cheaper than Pacesetter? How much were they if you don't mind me asking. I'm surprised the Eddlebrock name did not make them more expensive right off the bat.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
They are cheaper than Pacesetter? How much were they if you don't mind me asking. I'm surprised the Eddlebrock name did not make them more expensive right off the bat.
pm kj@sdpc for the price
Old 10-19-2004, 03:22 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Well, they are cheaper than coated Pacesetters, but generally NOT cheaper than painted Pacesetters, which might be a more fair comparison considering that the Edelbrocks are painted as well.
A coated Edelbrock would obviously be more costly than coated Pacesetters.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Default Are these available for model year 2000 and

with cats? I need to be as smog legal as possible (I understand that
relocating the cats is a violation) and I like the fact that these
perform well and install without any trouble. I checked the Edelbrock
website but only noticed headers for LS1s up to the 99 model year,
no word on cats,

Gert
Old 10-19-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast